Santi 400g or DUI 450 Flex?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really appreciate all the responses I have gotten about the undergarments, I'm not concerned at all about drysuits as I dive the CLX 450 and love the suit.

My only conern was that soon I will be increasing contact time into two hours on a single dive with doubles and would like the best possible warmth if possible.

The material of the DUI powerstretch 300 is incredibly soft, mobile, warm and most of all zero bulk in comparison to what I see with the Santi.

I dive very little weight with this undergarment and I stay so nice and warm on my first dive, slight notice of cool on dive two.

Since this diver approached me and told me about the negatives of my undergarment and he and his buddy were in Santi's I listened.

He told me the plus warmth factor in longer extended dives and the possible leak failure, my DUI will be horrible in a DECO dive. He got my attention there.

So it's either going to be the Laura choice of cardboard suit but it's warm or the Santi that everyone loves for it's design and apparently it's warmth factor.

My shop has a medium in stock that I fit, it doesn't leave any room for my belly if I gain weight, so that does concern me.

Looks like the majority if not all the divers in this forum dive Santi suits as well as undergarments. Let's please keep this thread about undergarments and not the suits.

Thanks,

MG

My shop has a medium in stock that I fit, it doesn't leave any room for my belly if I gain weight, so that does concern me.

Sounds like a good encouragement to keep up a workout routine: not ripping your drysuit undies. :wink:

Peace,
Greg

Since this diver approached me and told me about the negatives of my undergarment and he and his buddy were in Santi's I listened.

He told me the plus warmth factor in longer extended dives and the possible leak failure, my DUI will be horrible in a DECO dive. He got my attention there.

MG

Let me say this. First, I haven't used either undergarment.

I have dove a DUI 400G Thinsulate off lobos in 54F water, so warm for the area.
I jumped in with my zipper almost 2 inches undone, which I didn't really notice at first because I knew the zipper had a (very slow) leak and just thought it was that.

Did a 200 foot dive with a runtime I think of 90 mins.
1/2 way through I was cursing the darned thing for making me so cold with (what I thought) was a very small leak.

On our 20 foot stop, I was shaking, and I used about 15-20% more gas than usual.

It wasn't until I was on the boat that Allison asked me if I knew my drysuit zipper was open.

I was soaked up to almost my legs but I was NOT warm.

Just something to bear in mind, the Thinsulate is not a magic bullet here especially in your winter temps of maybe 44-46F

That said, I love the old-style 400s and I bet you can get factory seconds for reasonable (I think I paid $175 a set for 2 sets)

they are on the outlet list for 100 bucks.
aj has been quietly buying them up in little person sizes for weeks.
they never have anything in 'large' though :(

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom