Closed Santi Elite Drysuit

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LPA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Santi Elite drysuit standard Men's ML size

Equipped with:
- Neoprene socks size 10
- Si-tech neck seal system
- Si-tech cuff rings
- Halcyon P-valve (never used, I promise! :) )
- Large thigh pockets
- Size 11 rockboots

Only used twice in fresh water. Sizing is too large and LDS doesn't want to fix (they claim it's the right size with undergarments, but I'll let you judge based on the picture below) plus resizing through Santi would mean rebuilding. So selling this one and going to buy the exact same, one size smaller.

Paid: $3,550
Asking: $3,000

Santi.jpg

No idea your experience, but for $3k+ I think I'd put a few more dives on it and see if you can get comfortable. It'll be the worse feeling in the world to go down a size, lose $100's just to find out that yeah you could have used just a hair more room. Just a thought, good luck either way.

Totally hear your point and was my initial thought as well when I fitted it for the first time. First dive was horrible, just couldn't get the airbubble under control and looked like I was doing a DSD. Second dive was much better but did it with a tightly squeezed suit (a bit too much and got some bruises) and the drag was quite high. Got this one for cave diving, so a baggy suit is not that great...
Thoughts are, for something this expensive I want this to feel right and the more dives I put on it, the higher the financial hit is going to be :-/

I agree with Rob. The main thing with a drysuit is that the length isn't far off. That suit looks ok. The rest of the suit will just crunch up.

May I ask what you're wearing under it in that shot? I dive in frickin' cold water and weather, and honestly, I cram a lot of undies in to my suit... Base later, 400 fsm thinsulate, perhaps a sweat-shirt in the winter and spring. Might you ever want to add a heated vest, because they take up some bulk.

But let us know what you're wearing underneath.

I just read your comment about cave diving, so perhaps you won't want super thick...

Have you considered donuts?

Totally hear your point and was my initial thought as well when I fitted it for the first time. First dive was horrible, just couldn't get the airbubble under control and looked like I was doing a DSD. Second dive was much better but did it with a tightly squeezed suit (a bit too much and got some bruises) and the drag was quite high. Got this one for cave diving, so a baggy suit is not that great...
Thoughts are, for something this expensive I want this to feel right and the more dives I put on it, the higher the financial hit is going to be :-/
All I know is I'd give a new suit at least 15 or 20 dives before hanging it up.

My suit was used. The boots are too big, the shoulders too small. With heavy undergarments it's not the most comfortable I think I could be, but I've learned a few tricks to make it work. It took time and some dives in. Now I'm not so sure I need a new suit.

A new suit with 15 dives would still be a new suit...and I'd put money on it you might feel differently after dive 15 then you do right now.

Just my 2 cents, I wish you the absolute best and happy holidays. It looks like an awesome suit!!

In this picture, just a simple base layer and fleece sweater, so not a lot. But did the first dive with a 4th element Arctic Expedition.
And trying to get rid of my covid-belly so matters will only get worse (I hope :D ).

All I know is I'd give a new suit at least 15 or 20 dives before hanging it up.

My suit was used. The boots are too big, the shoulders too small. With heavy undergarments it's not the most comfortable I think I could be, but I've learned a few tricks to make it work. It took time and some dives in. Now I'm not so sure I need a new suit.

A new suit with 15 dives would still be a new suit...and I'd put money on it you might feel differently after dive 15 then you do right now.

Just my 2 cents, I wish you the absolute best and happy holidays. It looks like an awesome suit!!
Fair point, have a couple more days of diving ahead of me and will keep trying to manhandle it. Would be great and save a lot of hassle (had to wait a looooong time to get it). Will leave this up here for now in case anyone is interested and take it down in case I change my mind :)

Fair point, have a couple more days of diving ahead of me and will keep trying to manhandle it. Would be great and save a lot of hassle (had to wait a looooong time to get it). Will leave this up here for now in case anyone is interested and take it down in case I change my mind :)
Nothing wrong with that. I only have experience in my one drysuit, but I know from reading theres a "break in" period for anyone trying a new suit.

I hope to get a front zip in the next year or so, so I'll be going through the same growing pains.

In this picture, just a simple base layer and fleece sweater, so not a lot. But did the first dive with a 4th element Arctic Expedition.
And trying to get rid of my covid-belly so matters will only get worse (I hope :D ).

OK, I think I'd be sure to get a few more dives in it with thickest undies you're ever going to be using. When it comes to cold, my mantra is that if you can stuff more undies in to the suit, then you should.

I guess my other point that I was reluctant to mention, but my guess is that your asking price maya not get a lot of action. Someone willing to pay $3K for a suit is going to want a warranty, minimum. You might look into the transfering of your warranty, as that could be a "thing" for a buyer.

I'd hate to see you take $1000 hit only to get a new suit that's fractionally smaller.

As an aside, is this a custom suit? If so, who measured you? Do they have any responsibility in this? I know SANTI allows for you be wearing 400 weight underwear in theis size charts. The measuring may not be the problem. It may be the lack of 400 gsm stuff. My recollection is that you need to advise SANTI that you want a cave cut, as you do with DUI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom