Closed Santi Elite Drysuit

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I think I'd be sure to get a few more dives in it with thickest undies you're ever going to be using. When it comes to cold, my mantra is that if you can stuff more undies in to the suit, then you should.

I guess my other point that I was reluctant to mention, but my guess is that your asking price maya not get a lot of action. Someone willing to pay $3K for a suit is going to want a warranty, minimum. You might look into the transfering of your warranty, as that could be a "thing" for a buyer.

I'd hate to see you take $1000 hit only to get a new suit that's fractionally smaller.

As an aside, is this a custom suit? If so, who measured you? Do they have any responsibility in this? I know SANTI allows for you be wearing 400 weight underwear in theis size charts. The measuring may not be the problem. It may be the lack of 400 gsm stuff. My recollection is that you need to advise SANTI that you want a cave cut, as you do with DUI.
What is a "cave cut"? Just smaller than regular cold water suit? Caves are normally ~ 70f?

I know with Seaskin you have to specify if you're using it for cold water and thick undies... they pad it out some

Well, quite a journey.
Did a couple more dives in the caves in Mexico. Managed to handle it, it definitely is more work both in drag as well as buoyancy management than any other drysuits I've used, and have to dive it really with a bit of a squeeze.
But after speaking to some drysuit instructors as well as another Santi store that took my measurements, the size is definitely way too large, with some arguing that it's dangerously large (mostly the chest area), even with thick undergarments (also tested).
Probably so far off that it can't even be adjusted by Santi to the right size and I doubt the LDS will want to take it back...
In addition, new suits are going up 15% this year from Santi (no changes in model/materials). This is gonna end up being one really expensive drysuit in the end....

Long way to say that it's still for sale and going to be quite a lot cheaper than a new suit, with only a couple fresh water dives on it...

A bit late but who sold you the suit and why weren’t you measured properly prior to buying this suit? In my experience, santi makes a big deal out of being measured for a proper fit and even offers 4 adjustments for free.

If a santi dealer failed to properly measure you and sold you an oversized suit, I would expect them to fix it. If not, report them to Santi and possibly do a chargeback for failure to deliver services.

So their suits are all made-to-measure... so how tall are you...what's your weight ? Shoe size?

I have a custom built Santi, and I believe it is worth the hassle/wait to get it fitting correctly. Your arms and legs are obviously too long and the crotch is too low. Garments are not going to really change that much. Could you MAYBE make it work? Probably, but you'll be 1000% happier in a suit that fits properly. With that nice of a suit, and the amount of time you'll be owning it, I think you are doing the right thing to sell it and move on. Just be sure whoever measures you for you new suit does so in METRIC. I went to a seamstress and got professionally measured.

Had a series of discussions with Santi about adjusting and concluded that a new suit would be better.
Hence still available and lowering price (haven't used it in the mean time):
$2700

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom