Sanur, Padang Bai or Candi Dasa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luka, I'll have to show you around Sanur next time you're here. I promise not to wear my white socks ;-)
No thanks, I'll never ever spend one night again in Sanur :wink: , I would even prefer the Kuta side in that respect, at least it is funnier and the hotels are better (give any Poppy's bungalow in a Kuta lane rather than any those of overpriced midmarket cattle tourists hotels in Sanur).

I guess from your reply your operation is based in Sanur...

Well, each to their own I guess. Sanur has changed a lot over the last few years and is slowly loosing its nickname "Snore".

Not sure what was meant with operation based in Sanur but if you were assuming that I work in the Bali dive industry then that would be wrong.

Not sure what was meant with operation based in Sanur but if you were assuming that I work in the Bali dive industry then that would be wrong.
I am corrected then :) .
I thought from your profile >2.500 dives (usually a pro figure) and located in Bali you were working in the dive industry.

btw last time I had to spend a night in Sanur was 2013, not that long ago. :wink:

or they could be gilicats other identity.
Oh and I don't have anything against Sanur. It's just that if I was going diving in the area I wouldn't be staying there. I stay there when I need to come in out of DPS

I'm a dive instructor but don't actively dive anymore. After 9 years of teaching and diving in Indonesia, I moved on to slightly different things.

Living in Sanur.

2013 isn't that long ago. Sanur still is quiet (compared to Kuta) and some might say boring but not as much as before. Jl. Danau Poso probably has double the bars and night life than in 2013. Fire Station is a great place for a beer and I know that they have regulars that come all the way from Canggu.

Casablanca is very popular as well with frequent live music.

Not all hotels in Sanur cater to cattle tourists. There are many great hotels as well going from budget to luxury.

no brainer, Candidasa is dead, Padang Bai is over crowded with touts selling boats tickets to the Gili's and Sanur is "Gods waiting room". That leaves the beautiful island of Lembongan which has a massive selection of restaurants, the best sunsets in the area, close to the best diving, surfing and an awesome local Hindu community. Choice of hotels from backpacker to 5*. Agus shipwrecks bar now has live music 2 times a week, Blue Corner has a Friday night party and if you are here on a full or new moon the Jibaku has a party as well.

I also would suggest Padang Bai. Plenty of choice of Dive Centres with integrated or adjoining accommodation. Candidasa is within easily reachable boar distance and they offer trips there anyway. August is peak season for Ocean Sunfish (Mola Mola).

And after you are done with diving, Sanur is not all that far to get to for land based holiday activities.

Hi there ,I would like to say hallo to you that I am a dive owner in padang bai bali . My company name is PADANGBAI BALI DIVE. If you dont mind I can handle you when you are coming to padang bai or candidasa.Because candidasa is close to padangbai just 10 km.In padangbai you can do in padangbai like what ever you want to do.Please reply me back and I am very happy to help you to find the accomadation and other els.
sencerely yours
Darta /padangbai bali dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom