Sarnia Maybe??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avalanchediver once bubbled...

You do have to climb a ladder welded into the seawall or drift a half mile to rocks. The climb is a lot tougher this time of year in drysuits and the additional weight you need to dive dry. The dive itself can be ok if you know the way to the wreck. It can be a stressor the first few times you go however. You must be comfortable in the current. The current is bad in some areas but inside the ship and right beside it the curent is easier to deal with. The beauty is you park right at the entry/exit point and it is clean.

I didn't mean hard to get out on the latter on the wall I meant out of the current. I have dove the St. Clair many times and there are times that it is tough to make it to shore. We were near the middle of the river last summer right where the sand meats the rock and we were hangin on to a rope that was attached to something burried and I was afraid to let go of the rope because the force of the current pulling you towards the center of the river was fierce and I thought if we let go of the rope it might be too hard to make it to shore. I have heard the current on the Tremble has been so wicked at times it can pin a diver on the wreck.

Btw have you ever made it to the old truck that is almost in the middle of the river? There is no history on that truck that I have found. I believe the truck was built the many years ago. here is a pic

Redwingnut,

The current near the Tremble is generally going down river and you can simply work across it. There is the exception of the backwash on the down stream side of the wreck. It goes where ever it feels like. As for being pinned to the wreck, I have crawled up and down the upstream side of the hull many times and not gotten stuck yet. There is one area I won't get to close to. It is a trench/tunnel dug under the hull durring the salvage attempt. It has a strong flow in it. I have heard others say they have been through it. In my mind it is to risky. If you were to get hung up on something it would be a real problem. The Blazer or truck, is accessable. It is directly upstream from the bow of the ship. I would estimate 75 feet away. A cable used to run from the Tremble. I am not sure if it is still there. I usually get to the Blazer by working my way upstream into some clay formations and then out to it. I like the area because the Ship is a big landmark and the current constantly changes things around it.

Happy diving,

avalanchediver once bubbled...
This pic is looking up from the hold.

I noticed your bubbles were going upward and not sideways.......that is a good sign of a manageabe current. Sometimes when we are in the river the current is so fast that our bubbles are going sideways with the current

btw have you dove the monarch on the Canadian side?

It is still in good condition. best in the river anyway

Rooster1 once bubbled...

I noticed your bubbles were going upward and not sideways.......that is a good sign of a manageabe current. Sometimes when we are in the river the current is so fast that our bubbles are going sideways with the current

btw have you dove the monarch on the Canadian side?

It is still in good condition. best in the river anyway

Yes, I have done the Monarch one time. You're right about its condition, very nice. Your note on the bubbles in the last pic is correct. Inside the cargo hold near the stern there is an area of almost no current. It's just tough getting there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom