Sartek is here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CarlS,
What would be the most suitable battery type for those like me diving mostly in 3rd world remote areas where power supplies spike and are intermittent? I’ve heard that lead acid has an advantage in these conditions.... any truth to that or recommendations?

Thanks,
A Chanster

Hi, My suggestion would be Nickle Metal Hydride(NiMH). These cells have a much higher power capacity to weight and size than SLA batteries. It is true that Lithium Ion has a even higher capacity than NiMH, Lithium Ion are more delicate when it come to charging and can be damaged more easily, physically and electrically. You can also very easily setup a solar charger for your battery pack with inexpensive flexible solar panels from catalog stores like Northern Hydraulics. Solar cells give a low current output, which is the best way to charge NiMH batteries to get full capacity and a long life.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Best Regards, Carl

Carl, Ive heard wonders about your lights. We would like to add your amazing lights as an option for our Video customers. Can you help get us set up as a dealer??

Carl, with TSA cracking down on loithium batteries being allowed on flights, are you all looking at replacing these with another type of battery or at least offering a different battery as an option.

The Sartek web site has been down for a while. Is this business closing?

I was going to buy a light from them, but don't want to spend big bucks for a folding company.

Anyone know what's happening with them?

Richard

The Sartek web site has been down for a while. Is this business closing?

I was going to buy a light from them, but don't want to spend big bucks for a folding company.

Anyone know what's happening with them?

Richard

I talked with Carl last week. Everything is fine AFAIK.

The website worked for me just minutes ago. Try this link

Sartek Industries Home Page

Tobin

Weird, I can't get their site to load on Safari or Foxfire.

And my MAC is working fine for everything including all my internet searches.

I did email them a few days ago and asked if everything was OK and they didn't respond. I can't help but be suspicious. Hope I'm wrong.

Richard

Weird, I can't get their site to load on Safari or Foxfire.

And my MAC is working fine for everything including all my internet searches.

I did email them a few days ago and asked if everything was OK and they didn't respond. I can't help but be suspicious. Hope I'm wrong.

Richard
Hi, We are still here. We did have a glitch with the Sartek Industries Home Page link not working but Sartek Industries Home Page was still operating the whole time. We are busy with production on our new line of LED primary lights. Please email me directly or call me.
Regards, Carl
carl@sarind.com
631 924-0441

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom