Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/27) BHB Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a6890adc-ede2-005e.jpg

The girls (Karla & Katarina) gearing up for the dive.

a6890adc-ec9a-714f.jpg

3 minutes per lbs and turn the flame off before placing turkey in oil is all I remember.

a6890adc-ed79-fd41.jpg

Dinner is served!

Now that's what I call a spread.

Quality time spent with newly certified daughter.

Weekend Sampler

Last edited:
oceanbound:
I got these photos today.

WOW! What a beautiful jawfish!

jet126:
For those who couldn't make it here's a little bit of what you missed:

I was there, but I still wish I could see your photos. You can attach thumbnails using the paperclip icon and then we don't see red Xs instead of photos.

Nancy and I had a great time, it was fun visiting with everyone!

Very nice pictures of the party and dive.

I was underwater for only an hour, and I spent 1/2 of that attempting to get one picture of something I couldn't even see, but knew it was a creature of some sort.

It was between 1/4" - 1/2" in size and I only spotted it because it moved against the current once and caught my eye. Until today I didn't even know what it was...

Anoplodactulus sp.
Caribbean Sea Spider

There is very little known about them because they are small, uncommon and the extent and range have yet to be established. The living appearance of this sea spider has not been matched with a scientific description. They haven't found enough of them to collect and examine. This is one of the smallest species of several sea spiders that are known to inhabit the Caribbean. Thus far, I could find no mention of them being on the Atlantic coast or mention of seeing them anywhere else...

Not the greatest of pictures, but then again, I couldn't even see the subject... lol

caribbeanseaspider_101127_01.jpg

caribbeanseaspider_101127_02.jpg

caribbeanseaspider_101127_03.jpg

anoplodactulus_sp_101127_01.jpg

Page: 243, Reef Creature Identification (2nd Edition) Humann & Deloach

Just to be different, I spotted this octo in a conch shell...

octo_101127_01.jpg

nice pics! thanks for sharing!
Jim, that's pretty cool..

Very nice pictures of the party and dive.

Anoplodactulus sp.
Caribbean Sea Spider

QUOTE]

Jim
There have been a lot lately & I got a photo of a brown one on Fri. And guess what there will be more as yours (&mine) have eggs!!!!!!
Deb
PS You have a couple of them in the pics
PB264509_edited-1.jpg

Anoplodactulus sp.
Caribbean Sea Spider

Jim
There have been a lot lately & I got a photo of a brown one on Fri. And guess what there will be more as yours (&mine) have eggs!!!!!!
Deb
PS You have a couple of them in the pics
View attachment 85834
Very cool! Looks like we have something else for photo bugs to look for now :wink:

Looks like a good time was had by all. Sorry I missed it, and seeing some friends that I haven't seen since last year's Turkey Fry! But when you're retired, you take diving jobs as they come your way. Glad everyone had fun!

Looks like a good time was had by all. Sorry I missed it, and seeing some friends that I haven't seen since last year's Turkey Fry! But when you're retired, you take diving jobs as they come your way. Glad everyone had fun!

We missed you, Lady! :hugs:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom