Save-A-Dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ultravinnie:
Pelican 1050 box
in it
A scubatool
An adjustable wrench ( english wrench )
a set of o-rings ( including an air spool for my computer and some regulator o-rings ) the stopper plugs for my first stage and dust covers for the hoses ( should i need to leave one on the boat )
a variety of zip ties. ( small ones to fix mouthpieces and the likes and large ones for other stuff)
a small roll of duct tape for small and large emergencies
diagonal cutters
a small jar of silicone grease for o-rings ( camera and the likes )
a flashy LED watchmacallit to hang off my first stage on night dives
2 spare dive computer battery's individually vacuum sealed ( using a kitchen 'foodsaver' machine )
spare flashy led thingy battery
spare fin and mask strap
spare fuses ( 10 amp and 15 amp in a couple of formats )
hose clamps ( the adjustable stainless steel ones )
some Bungee cord
some nylon rope
couple of boltsnaps with d-rings.

my 'Mcgyver' box have saved me ( and more oftne others) a couple of times from not doing a dive.

any other accessry idea's welcome

Good kit, Vinnie. This gives me some ideas for other things that I should probably add to my own. If it's only for my own gear, I need almost nothing, but it's very gratifying to be able to help someone else. :)

Man, vinnie's got a LOT of good stuff in there. I carry an assembled spare reg w/octo, inflator hose, drysuit hose and computer in my dive bag. That pretty much obviates the need for extra wrenches, mouthpieces and o-rings (except for tank o-rings), and most of the zip ties (well, except for weights or something). I do carry a tube of aquaseal and spare contacts with solution. There's also a spare mask in there somewhere, and some fin straps. There's also a couple of extra pairs of gloves and an extra hood in there somewhere.

I've found it easier to just loan the whole reg setup if something goes wrong rather than trying to change o-rings or batteries.

I used to have an empty plastic jar of peanut butter but now have a Pelican 1050. In it:
Fin strap
Mask strap
Mouth piece
Zip ties of different length
Surgical tube (for octo)
Magnifying glass (for micro biodiversity)
Scubatool
Letherman tool
O rings

The duct tape is secured around my drinking bottle. It protects it from breaking and heat and gives me plenty of duct tape when needed.

This is my sort of saving-dive-kit. I don't bring any straps thanks to the spring strap and neoprene mask strap. I have two more kit boxs depending on the dive environment. I always prefer some organized stuff like something in the barracks. But, it isn't that much like "MONK." :)

Saving_Dive_Kit-1.JPG

I've grown into an extended cargo van. Extra regs, tanks, fins, suits, etc. I may have to add a trailer soon. :D

That's nuthin'! You should see NWGratefulBob's Save-a-Dive Shop

I called Bob the day of my freeflow, and told him I'd be unable to do the second dive with him, because I wasn't willing to go down with that second stage until it had been taken apart and diagnosed. His answer, "Oh, don't worry, I have a spare second stage in my save-a-dive kit."

I saved one dive by having a spare dry suit inflator hose. I also have reg hoses. I don't yet have a spare high pressure hose or gauge, or spare regulators. I have spring straps and a slap strap, but I still carry spare fin straps and mask straps because I don't want to miss a dive because my BUDDY has a problem.

I keep everything in a lovely plastic toolbox that I bought myself at Home Depot -- it has flip-up compartments in the top that are ideal for frequently used items, like Seal Saver and zipper lube, and boltsnaps and cave line and shock cord. The tray holds an adjustable wrench, a Scuba tool and a set of Allen wrenches, more bolt snaps, and first stage plugs. The deep section has the spare hoses, spare straps, more cave line, shock cord, bungee, zipties, and anything else I think up. Duct tape needs to be in there (memo to self).

Somebody told me a while back that I'd eventually be carrying spare fins, a spare hood, a spare mask, and possibly a spare regulator setup -- not for me, but again, for that dratted absent-minded buddy . . . :)

TSandM:
Somebody told me a while back that I'd eventually be carrying spare fins, a spare hood, a spare mask, and possibly a spare regulator setup -- not for me, but again, for that dratted absent-minded buddy . . . :)

That's why I ended up with a spare reg setup (Apeks ATX200, with computer AND drysuit inflator, no less!). I was diving with Jim Ernst awhile back and one of his buddies brought nothing but a wetsuit, IIRC. Between the two of us, we had enough spares to have her diving (including a spare tank). I don't know why Jim had a ladies small sized BC in his truck, though. I was afraid to ask. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom