Save a dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the same commercial $19 save-a-dive kit that I bought 4 years ago. I have opened it twice but never used anything out of it. Recently I had need of a zip tie and some duct tape which luckily was available on the boat I was with so I'm going to add these two items...I have a mostly used roll of tape so that is the most likely candidate...

I think what you carry changes as you learn more about your equipment and become more facile with repairs -- it can also change with the type of dive you are doing. I carry more stuff with me on a foreign trip than I do on a local shore dive, in part because I have no idea what I'll be able to get in a strange place, and in part because if it's the one time I ever get to the Red Sea, I don't want to lose a dive. Losing a dive at the local mudhole is an excuse to drink beer . . .

Recently I had need of a zip tie and some duct tape which luckily was available on the boat I was with so I'm going to add these two items...
While I have many more items in my save a dive kit, the ones that actually get used are:
duct tape
cable ties, small, medium and large
double ended boltsnap
snorkel keepers for use as octo holders

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom