SB Diver Littlejohn - Rest in Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'm the only person here who never met John, but I am very touched by the outpouring of love from this community. It makes me very proud to be a ScubaBoard member.

Debby, this is a picture during our last Dania Beach dive that my wife happen to take of my kids and Little John is in the background.

3017893932_d2d432abf6_b.jpg

I too was at the memorial on Saturday, it was a nice tribute to a nice guy! Several of us from Castaway were at Manatee Springs today (Dog Days) and prior to our dives we said a prayer in the memory of Lil John. He touched so may of us in his short time in the SCUBA community. His memorial/legacy will be carried by each and every one of us that had the pleasure to get to know him and spend time with him.

OMG I was at that one!!! Then I DID meet him! But I don't remember talking with him. I met lots of people that day and didn't get to say more than "hi" to many of them. I made a second dive and got to the picnic late. Now I am so sad. :depressed:

I spoke to John's mother Tuesday night (1-13) and the autopsy report reviled that John had a blood clot in his body prior to the dive that, according to the report, broke loose as a result of the dive. According to his mother, this blood clot could have broken loose while playing golf or fishing (two of John's other favorite activities) and that SCUBA was NOT to blame, it just happened to be what he was doing at the time that the clot released.
The family is dealing with the loss as well as can be expected and are still grateful for the outpouring of love from the scuba community, esp Scuba Board family.

involved? I'd be very interested to know. A very close friend of mine just had a PFO repaired. From what I understand, her risk of stroke was quite elevated because of the PFO. Apparently, blood clots can pass through the opening and travel to the brain. She's doing extremely well and will dive again soon.

Poor Littlejohn. He was such a nice guy. At least there is closure, although I'm not sure that anything eases the pain of such a loss.

Do you know if there was PFO involved?

My understanding was there was no PFO involved, but there was an underlying undiagnosed condition which led John to be very predisposed towards clotting.

Requiescat in pace, John. May we all go out doing what we so enjoy.

>*< Fritz

I spoke to John's mother Tuesday night (1-13) and the autopsy report reviled that John had a blood clot in his body prior to the dive that, according to the report, broke loose as a result of the dive. According to his mother, this blood clot could have broken loose while playing golf or fishing (two of John's other favorite activities) and that SCUBA was NOT to blame, it just happened to be what he was doing at the time that the clot released.
The family is dealing with the loss as well as can be expected and are still grateful for the outpouring of love from the scuba community, esp Scuba Board family.

I glad to see this response .I am new to diving & On 10/25/098 it was my birthday and purchased all new equipment and went diving that afternoon at JDC.Just as I was waiting for the boat I saw then taking some-one away .I was told it was a diving situation .I am 55 and it had bothered me since that day . I alway thought about that day and never wanted to be in that situation .I wanted to know if it was DCS or due to health .Never meet the guy ,but heard great things about him .This shouldn't happen to anybody .Thank you for this post

I am new to diving & On 10/25/098 it was my birthday and purchased all new equipment and went diving that afternoon at JDC.

A little off topic but you are invited --- check this out

I apppreciate the offer , I am starting my AOW on that date
so i will not have any problems when diving ITK 2009 .
Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom