SB Diving in Tavernier...Hosted by Conch Republic Divers...Nov 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a great day of diving. I'd never dived the Eagel before but it was a fantastic wreck with lots of holes for penetration and some beautiful marine life. Large Grouper and a nice sized free swiming Green Moray. The sea conditions were much better then expected and as Renee said it was great to see some old friends and make some new ones.

Thanks goes to Capt. Gary and the rest of the crew at Conch Republic Divers for a great day of diving and an even better night of food, brew, and friends.

Thanks also goes to aabond for putting us up for the night.

Lets not wait so long to do this again.

Loads of fun... I'll try to post a real report this evening, if nobody else has by then... Too tired last night, and too busy today to do.

I'll be posting some video from the conch dive, and the SG. Michelle's photos too.

Capt Gary knows the way to our hearts! Great time!!! I can't wait for the next trip to Tavernier!

We did get this photo the morning after the conch party at capt gary's place.

garbage.jpg

Oops... Wrong photo... I meant to post this one.

conchers.jpg

I laughed, I cried, I conch'd... No, no, no, I said CONCH'd....

I dove the whole weekend and was treated to phenominal seas the entire time. Light current on the Duane, almost nil on the Eagle & Spiegel Grove dives allowing the rare use of the JEDI Hovering Ascent

Skies were intermittently sunny, mostly overcast during the weekend, so I was getting slightly chilled up between dives.

Glad to finally be able to put faces to more handles on the board, dish dirt about other mutual SB aquantences from back up in the great white north, and expand the list of potential dive buddies.

Capt. Gary and Brenda run a great safe op and treated us to a spectacular weekend. I'll be back. (With bug gear in hand next time)

Well, finally back home after a long weekend of diving and sleeping....man, I'd forgotten the ugly sleeping sickness that diving and bonine can bring on. Ugh. SOmeone find a remedy for that, please.....I missed out on much fun!!!

Yup, the weekend is one memories are made of, and it was a great re-introduction to the water.....I was getting VERY dry, so many, many thanks to Capt. Gary and co-captain Brenda for keeping all of us in order and in check....what an INCREDIBLE team, along with the efficient DM whose name has escaped me!!! Conchers, look no further for a GREAT op...(and equally as good a cook...that man fed some 20 or so of us from a table-top gas grill and a gallon deep fryer...amazing! I can't feed myself that well!) Gary and Brenda, I hope you've caught up on some sleep!

The extra kudos of the weekend go to Andrew for so graciously offering up a place to crash when all hope was lost for a hotel room ANYWHERE.......the same favor is ALWAYS available if you care to come dive up this way.......next party, WPB Dive Show next month, guys?

Really enjoyed meeting all of you and putting a face with a name. It was our pleasure hosting such a great group of divers. The calm seas and good visibility were also a plus. I hope we can do this again real soon. I'll keep the air tanks filled, gas grill hot, and the fryer ready for your next trip.

Jenny sorry we didn't get to see that Whale Shark or the Dolphins. Maybe next time.

Good Diving,

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom