Scam Alert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveHewi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was browsing gear online and looking at a site called Online Dive Gear at onlinedivegear.com.au when, somehow, I ventured into onlinedivegears.com.au. (Note the “s” in “onlinedivegears”)

If it looks like a scam, and smells like a scam, I’m guessing it’s probably a scam.

Be careful out there guys!

I was browsing gear online and looking at a site called Online Dive Gear at onlinedivegear.com.au when, somehow, I ventured into onlinedivegears.com.au. (Note the “s” in “onlinedivegears”)

If it looks like a scam, and smells like a scam, I’m guessing it’s probably a scam.

Thanks for the report. I've let the real store know (I'm a customer). Hopefully they can get something done but given where the scam domain is registered I doubt it.

Thanks for the report. I've let the real store know (I'm a customer). Hopefully they can get something done but given where the scam domain is registered I doubt it.
Awesome! Thank You. I was going to reach out to them today.

Good tip! I almost tripped over this scam.

.com.au's a reasonable well regulated. You normally need an Australian ABN and business to register them, though some resellers are slack. There's a reasonable chance that if the legit company requests the scam domain be deregistered it will be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom