scared now!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A local biologist friend of mine attributes the recent increase in shark attacks (as previously noted almost exclusively against snorklers and surfers) to an increased sea turtle population. Anyone that lives here knows that the sea turtle population (favorite food of tiger sharks) has literally exploded over the past 10 years. I remember the first turtle I saw after swimming in Hawaiian waters for nearly 15 years, now I am amazed when I do not see one while out swimming. Where I work at nights I count the turtles in the cove at sunrise, and will frequently see 15 or more heads bobbing up and down in the water in a very small area. I still wonder that they are considered "endangered" must be in other parts of the world, but not around here.

LeFlaneur:
I work for Discovery Channel.

LeFlaneur,

Can you say thanks to everyone at the Discovery Channel for me, great channel and I love Shark Week, hype or not. I still think that Jaws will be more to blame for peoples fear of sharks then anything you guys can put on the tube.

getwet2:
LeFlaneur,

Can you say thanks to everyone at the Discovery Channel for me, great channel and I love Shark Week, hype or not.

You're welcome... although I have nothing to do with those shows and don't even know the people responsible.

I hope you can forgive my cynicism. I just think we can do better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom