Scott Peterson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was just thinking of all the people that turned up at the police station were Scott Peterson was brought to be booked the other day...they were all jeering him and what not.

Guilty until proven innocent!!! Nice job morons!!

Let's take a look at a few things in this case;

First of all, when Lacey is "missing", he is all teary eyed, putting up "missing" posters and offering a reward for her return.

Then, when her body and the body of her child are found, where do they find Scott? Down by the Mexican border, with dyed hair, sporting a new beard, using his brothers ID, with $10,000 dollars cash (where did he get that?), ready to skip across the border and hide in Mexico. Why?

I don't like to convict a person without a trial and I believe "innocent until proven guilty", but his actions are not exactly indicitive of an innocent person, are they?

If he wanted to maintain the facade of an innocent person, I would think that as soon as the word was out that Lacey's body had been found, he would have been on the scene, with genuine tears in his eyes as he identified the body. But no, it took two or three days for DNA test to be done to positively identify her.

Innocent? I don't think so. Guilty? I guess we will have to wait for the jury's verdict.

I think Bob3 is right.....its going to be hard for him to get a fair trial.

Goeduck...I dont care what the evidence says..you have already concluded he is not innocent....that is just not fair.

He is innocent until proven guilty.

I hope you have never or will never serve on a jury.

Goeduck once bubbled...
Then, when her body and the body of her child are found, where do they find Scott? Down by the Mexican border, ... ready to skip across the border and hide in Mexico. Why?

I want to clear something up about this "fact" that I keep hearing about.

He was "within 30 miles of the Mexican border." Have you ever been to San Diego? The vast majority of the city is within 30 miles of the Mexican border. Scott's parents live in Solana Beach, which is about 35 miles from the Mexican border and just on the edge of downtown San Diego.

His parents were also quoted as saying "Why would he go 80 miles fishing, come home with a receipt and buy gas and food along the way, have a receipt of the dock and tell police exactly where he went fishing -- and the body would be there! That does not make sense."

So there's a little more to the case than Scott being found "ready to hide in Mexico." Fact is, no one but Scott knows why Scott was in San Diego or what he was doing that day, or why he lightened his hair and grew a goatee. Maybe he wanted to fit in with the beach bums, or maybe he just wanted to change his style a bit since he was obviously being forced to start a new chapter in his life.

The vast majority of the country has already convicted this man, please let's not do the same.

applies when you are in court. Not outside of court. It deals with evidence. Presumptions take the place of evidence, for example:
if you are trying to prove intoxication you create a presumption such as if your blood alcohol exceeds .10 you are presumed to be intoxicated. The presumption of innocence simply means that the jury is not to presume that because someone has been arrested and brought to court that they are guilty. They are told to presume the opposite. Which they immediately ignore assuming
(or presuming) that where there's smoke there's fire..

So go ahead and presume all you want.Just don't do it if you're on the jury.

jonnythan once bubbled...
I want to clear something up about this "fact" that I keep hearing about.

Are you purposely omitting the 10 k cash and brother's ID in his pocket part?

He's going to be convicted and get the death sentence. The only unfortunate part is that he's in California so he'll never actually be executed.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Are you purposely omitting the 10 k cash and brother's ID in his pocket part?

He's going to be convicted and get the death sentence. The only unfortunate part is that he's in California so he'll never actually be executed.

WW

I guess I was omitting it. The only *fact* is that we don't know why he had those things. Maybe he was running drugs from TJ for his bro. Maybe he got a nice wad of cash from trading in the car for the pickup and he still had it on him, and his brother had forgotten his ID at his house after a killer party.

Scott probably did kill his wife, and he probably will get the death sentence.

But what happens if a jury decides that no one can prove he did it, and he walks free? What if he really didn't do it?

None of us know, so we shouldn't act like we do.

Back
Top Bottom