Scuba book suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try

Flooding Hollywood by Eric Douglas
Cayman Cowboys by Eric Douglas
Getting stoned with Savages by Maarten Troost
Rapture of the Deep by Zinsley
The sea dogs finally get some booty by Tomas Owen
Hiding on the Bottom by James Rosemond
or go to
Oriskany Divemaster website and get two great free reads.

A few in my personal library that haven't been mentioned already:
"Neutral bouyancy: Adventures in a Liquid World" by Tim Ecott
"Submerged: Adventures of America's Most Elite Underwater Archeology Team" by Daniel Lenihan
"The Rapture of the Deep: And Other Dive Stories You Probably Shouldn't Know" by Michael Zinsley
Enjoy,
C-Dawg

"Captain Cousteau's Underwater Treasury", edited by JYC and James Dugan, 1959.

How about a historical prospective;
**The Compleat goggler, Gilpatric 1938
**Danger is my business, Craig 1938
**Undersea with helment and camera, Dupont 1940
**Lady with a spear, Clarke 1951
**Treasure diving holidays, Crile, 1954
etc

sdm

I just finished "Last Dive" I thought it was a very interesting glimpse into the world of tech diving. I was wondering if "Shadow Divers" should be my next read? Can someone sum up this book for me? It looks like the entire book concentrates on uncovering the mysteries of the u-boat or (U-who).

Also is this a good reference book to ad to my dive library?

Amazon.com: NOAA Diving Manual: Diving for Science and Technology, Fourth Edition: James T. Joiner: Books

I just received the NOAA Dive Manual and am just starting to read it. It is basically a textbook on diving. I can't wait to completely read through it. I personally love reading textbooks.

I've been going through the Navy Diving Manual. Textbooks are my thing. I get more out of things that are meant for academic in general. If you can bare it, its a nice read. But then, I'm also the kind that found the NAUI Nitrox manual far more enlightening than the PADI one.

U.S. Navy Diving Manual v5

Also, Basic Scuba Phyics and Applications
Amazon.com: Basic Diving Physics and Applications (Diversification Series): B. R. Wienke: Books

Thanks,
Shawn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom