Scuba Chatroom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dunno, I can't get the thing to work, so I am trying to get Yahoo to add a Scuba chatroom to their sports section.

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
I dunno, I can't get the thing to work, so I am trying to get Yahoo to add a Scuba chatroom to their sports section.

TJ,
I dunno what you've tried but I couldn't get it to work either. Then I did a file|connect and it did a bunch of wierd stuff and finally signed me on. I tried so many things before that I guess I may have actually done something without knowing it though! :bonk:

Let us know if you have any luck with Yahoo of course!

Scuba_Vixen once bubbled...
With all the thousands of chans on Dalnet, it's amazing there's not been a scuba room, I've searched .
There's a #rec.scuba that generally is active around 7-10PM EDT, but it's on EFNET.

There were 5 on there until a few minutes ago when the east coast guys bailed out.

Some regulars hang out on rec.scuba, several hang out on both rec.scuba and Scubaboard.

True, although some of us don't use the same 'handle' or nickname on both places. On the occasional UseNet post I'm Roamer. I don't participate in flame wars (usually) which is why you don't see a lot of me on Rec.scuba.

For some of you new to MIrc, it must be tweaked to get it to work, but once you get it right it is pretty cool, if you are new to irc chat you will have to learn a little about basic commands to get off the ground, but it is well worth it, if you are one of the divers interested in a #Solo-Diving channel on undernet pm me and I will assist you cheers zeN||

Sebastian once bubbled...
hmmm my mIRC is not working...it's not connecting to any servers..could that have to do with anything that I am on a Router now?

Are you connecting from home or from work? If you're connecting from work I bet you're locked out at the port. That's more of a firewall issue than a router issue. If you're at home then it's gotta be something else.

I would love ops - I enjoy booting people that annoy me... :virus:

:shades:

PhotoTJ once bubbled...

I've started three different chat rooms on MSN, and I used to get a lot of visitors, but after awhile, I got tired of just sitting there waiting for people to come by. I can try again, if there really is interest in getting one going.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom