Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle,

I checked out your photos from the Scuba Club trip. You took some great pictures! My husband is very picky and liked them too!!! We are thinking about purchasing photography equipment at some point. If you don't mind, my husband wanted to know what type of camera/equipment you are using.

As for the Scuba Club, we will be there next Wednesday. I am looking forward to it! Does anyone have any tips about the resort? I know there is diving and more diving ... any ideas above water too?

How about water temp this time of year?

Monster:
Think twice before you start down the road of buying underwater cameras. Take a look at the people who are using them, and the attendant trouble above and below surface. Spend your time and energy watching and absorbing in your mind instead. It can be more fun, anfd definitely cheaper!

Scuba Monster:
jlyle,

I checked out your photos from the Scuba Club trip. You took some great pictures! My husband is very picky and liked them too!!! We are thinking about purchasing photography equipment at some point. If you don't mind, my husband wanted to know what type of camera/equipment you are using.

Sorry, I just saw your post. My camera is an Olympus c5050 in a Olympus PT-015 housing with dual Ikelite DS-125 strobes.

How was your trip?

I am aware that an underwater camera probably changes the way you dive. And I do open my mind. We were just admiring the photos and are curious about the equipment used. We might purchase one at some point, but my main concern is that my dive buddy won't be a good buddy with a camera. If we purchase camera equipment, it will be later than sooner. But I do enjoy looking a great underwater pics!

As for Scuba Club, we had a great time and would definitely return! Thanks for asking, Jlyle. My only critiques ... the beds are hard and covers are wafer thin. I also thought that the air conditioning was cranked too far down in the restaurants, especially after diving. We avoided the A/C by sitting outside, although sometimes outdoor seating was not available. But the positives far out way those small things.

Scuba Monster:
I am aware that an underwater camera probably changes the way you dive. And I do open my mind. We were just admiring the photos and are curious about the equipment used. We might purchase one at some point, but my main concern is that my dive buddy won't be a good buddy with a camera. If we purchase camera equipment, it will be later than sooner. But I do enjoy looking a great underwater pics!

As for Scuba Club, we had a great time and would definitely return! Thanks for asking, Jlyle. My only critiques ... the beds are hard and covers are wafer thin. I also thought that the air conditioning was cranked too far down in the restaurants, especially after diving. We avoided the A/C by sitting outside, although sometimes outdoor seating was not available. But the positives far out way those small things.

My dive buddy (aka my better half) isn't an u/w photographer, but acts as a spotter for really neat things. Many of my photos wouldn't have happened if she hadn't pointed out some little critter to me.

I'm glad you had a good time at SCC.

Best,
Jim

jlyle,

Thanks for the tip about your dive buddy - she must be a good spotter. Again, we liked your photos. That gives me a positive to think about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom