Scuba Club Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluechromis

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
Does any one have new info on this resort I should know about? A friend wants to go in Nov and I have never been to a Scuba Club. Thanks!

I have made 2 trips there. Very professional, clean and courteous staff. Most staff speaks English but some housekeeping staff does not. Nice restaurant and private sand beach. Parking is a problem as the entry is a gate that opens onto the sidewalk. I have had to park the Jeep across the street where there are only about 4 spots. Dive masters and boats very good and professional. I recommend as at least 4 out 5. Hope this helps.

I have made 2 trips there. Very professional, clean and courteous staff. Most staff speaks English but some housekeeping staff does not. Nice restaurant and private sand beach. Parking is a problem as the entry is a gate that opens onto the sidewalk. I have had to park the Jeep across the street where there are only about 4 spots. Dive masters and boats very good and professional. I recommend as at least 4 out 5. Hope this helps.

FWIW and IMO, SCC's location is such that having a rental car is more trouble than it is worth. It's a fairly short walk and a cheap cab ride to just about any place in town you'd want to go.

I have never been to Cozumel without a car. Maybe too mid-western but you need one to go to the south end of the island or the east side. Of course, if you want to hob-nob with the cruise ship trash, you can walk downtown. Don't mean to offend but the cruisers just cram downtown.

Agree with ggunn on the car comment. The only time I rent a car in Cozumel is for the day to drive to the other side of the island. If you're that close to town, you just don't need it and trying to find a parking place in town is much more hassle than its worth. There are about 8 parking spots right in front of the resort, but they are hardly ever occupied. You're close enough to town to walk or a cheap cab ride. The resort is very private, and staying there allows you to avoid the cruise ship crowds.

Scuba Club is my favorite place to stay. You might get a feel for the place from a trip report that I did from my trip there in March. You can read it here. Lots of pictures too.

One of the comments you hear a lot from guests there is that they make everyone feel very welcome. The staff there makes you feel like they DO appreciate that you picked their resort and are grateful for your business.

I like the convenience of it. Roll out of bed, down a couple cups of coffee, go to breakfast, grab your dive gear and go diving. When you get back, lunch is waiting for you. There is also good shore diving and they don't charge extra for it, or you can opt to do afternoon, wreck, dusk or night dives by boat.

They are often referred to as an all-inclusive. They are not. They have package plans that include rooms, meals and diving, but offer a light version that includes breakfast and lunch, but you're on your own for dinner. The food there is excellent, but we also all have our favorite restaurants in town. Drinks are never included in their packages and are paid for at the end of your stay.

Since you're looking at November, you'll also appreciate the dive boats. They have several that are very well sheltered from wind or rain that might kick up from the North.

I'll be going in less than two weeks! My eighth or so visit to SCC (I've lost track) and I can't wait to go back!

Scuba Club Cozumel? Did someone say, Scuba Club Cozumel?

My home away from home. We've stayed there, once or twice a year, for almost twenty years.

If you click on "webpage" below, you can then click on a bunch of reports with lots of images.

FWIW, we leave Friday night to go down for three weeks! Can't wait.

I think it depends on what you are looking for - if it is a dive dive dive vacation then Scuba Club is perfect. If you are a couple of single guys or girls, or looking for any sort of activities other than diving then I would stay elsewhere - you can still dive with Scuba Club

Love the place.

I have had to park the Jeep across the street where there are only about 4 spots. Dive masters and boats very good and professional.

We rented a car for one day and had no problem parking - my recollection is that there were around a dozen parking spaces available in a lot across the street.

Of course, if you want to hob-nob with the cruise ship trash, you can walk downtown. Don't mean to offend but the cruisers just cram downtown.

They're not there all the time - and even when they are, the cruise ship spiel has scared them into thinking that they are only safe in a small area downtown - just walk a bit farther away from the ships and you find more of the real Cozumel and fewer cruise ship people.

By all accounts I have never heard a negative comment about Scuba Club. I've never been there and always wondered what was behind the walls when I went past. Been Diving Papa Hogs since a long time ago. I usually stay at the Casa Mexicana, depending on time of year and rates. I get down there once or twice a year.

By all accounts I have never heard a negative comment about Scuba Club. I've never been there and always wondered what was behind the walls when I went past.....

Same here but next Feb l'll find out what's behind the walls. We're booked at SCC Feb 7-21. It will be our 5th trip to Cozumel but in the past we have always stayed at the south end. SCC always gets good reviews and it looks like this will be a nice change from previous trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom