Scuba Diving in laoag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
far northern philippines... about 10 hours by land from manila... plenty busses go there but you better get good butt implants because they're gonna get flat

Jag
10 hours by bus ..... :shakehead

wow, and i thought the thread will be hijacked on page 1. lol. yes, i was surprised they are offering scuba diving as one of their activities. id always look at ilocos as place for old houses and churces and the marcoses. not scuba diving.

and noooo, were not gonna take the bus. we do not have the luxury of time. cebu pacific is offering the Php99 promo. its 900php one way, all in.

pagudpod is 2 hours away. if diving is worth the 2 hours trip, id go there, otherwise, i think its wise to check out marcos instead.

thanks, guys. as always. :)

oh jon, not this weekend. i was just planning ahead.

i do not think i can still dive this weekend. im still recovering from flu. everybody seems to have them. sob!!!

There is no diving site in Laoag, only in Pagudpud and its about 2hrs ride from Laoag City.It does not really take about 10hrs bus drive to go there from Manila, only 7hrs except on Holy Week and Haloween where as usual, people from Manila leaves for the provinces for a long holiday. Batac is also a good choice (Marcos museum) but I suggest that you try to visit Juan and Antonio Lunas' house also after the Marcoses coz it's also interesting (forgot the town name but it's before the boundary of Norte and Sur). For souvenirs, just go to the town market ( shops are all closed by 7pm). If you're planning to buy lobsters,1 meter long fishes like maya-maya,milk fishes,etc, to bring back to Manila, then Pagudpud is the place because its there where they catch it and its much cheaper there than in Laoag or any other towns but you have to be there by 6am-9am to get the better ones 'coz people from Cagayan also go there for those. If you want to buy bagnet or longanisa, San Nicholas market is the best place.

Gurney_F:
There is no diving site in Laoag, only in Pagudpud and its about 2hrs ride from Laoag City.It does not really take about 10hrs bus drive to go there from Manila, only 7hrs except on Holy Week and Haloween where as usual, people from Manila leaves for the provinces for a long holiday. Batac is also a good choice (Marcos museum) but I suggest that you try to visit Juan and Antonio Lunas' house also after the Marcoses coz it's also interesting (forgot the town name but it's before the boundary of Norte and Sur). For souvenirs, just go to the town market ( shops are all closed by 7pm). If you're planning to buy lobsters,1 meter long fishes like maya-maya,milk fishes,etc, to bring back to Manila, then Pagudpud is the place because its there where they catch it and its much cheaper there than in Laoag or any other towns but you have to be there by 6am-9am to get the better ones 'coz people from Cagayan also go there for those. If you want to buy bagnet or longanisa, San Nicholas market is the best place.

how do you get to pagudpud from laoag? any good places to stay and dive there? can you go there straight from the airport?

Back
Top Bottom