scuba diving in mississippi & alabama area ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave4868:
Dandy Don wrote to the rugged fellow from Germany:

Helge, Don didn't mean it! Your name threw him off, I think. :D

I'm sure you'll find some good diving and good dive buddies.

Good to have you here on ScubaBoard and here in the USA!

Dave C
Ooops. :blush: Yes, well - if there's not a face pic for an avatar, I don't guess I should try gender ID without peeking at the profile. :D

Hi ya, welcome to ScubaBoard and the USA. Like Denise said, check out Deep Dixie Divers forum for info on diving in Miss. and Ala. and surrounding area.

Your closest spot to Columbus MS 39701 to get wet will be Bluewater in Pelham AL.
see www.divealabama.com Prob about two hour drive from you.

I'll let some Mississippi folks give reference to good dive shops in the Miss area.

Might get better answers if you ask in the Deep Dixie Divers forum.

Anyway, if you're shipping gear over, I wouldn't bother shipping tanks. Heavy and too expensive to ship across the pond and most US dive shops aren't used to European tanks and their markings. You need a DOT (Department of Transportation) hydro test here every five years for a fill and a Visual inspection sticker for them.

In the long run you'll find that you can get a air fill for about $5 US and rent a tank already filled for about $8 US. So an extra $3 bucks a tank is what the rental will cost you. Since you're only here 6 months, this is the most likely route you'll want to go.

Also, being from Germany you prob have a DIN connection on your 1st stage. 98% of the tanks here will have the YOKE valve on them. Never fear. You can pick up a DIN to Yoke convertor for about $35 to $40 bucks and easily use YOKE tanks with your DIN regulator.

Servus Helge und Herzlich Willkommen im "Verein"

DandyDon:
Ooops. :blush: Yes, well - if there's not a fac pic for an avatar, I don't guess I should try gender ID without peeking at the profile. :D

Helga would be female....you were close, just off by an a :wink:

justleesa:
Helga would be female....you were close, just off by an a :wink:
Ok, is that how it works, ty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom