SCUBA Fitness Over 60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dongodive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, all! First post.

I'm a 61-year-old guy, planning to take my NAUI Open Water checkout dive soon.

Scubaboard is a treasure trove of information! I'm glad I found it. Also a great place for exchange of ideas.

Good diving, everyone! What's the equivalent of "break a leg" in dive-speak? "Burst a lung"? "Pop an eardrum"?

Maybe not.

- Don

Last edited:
Your doctor probably did an ecg test, which is a type of stress test. Your instructor is asking for results of a different type of test. Maybe you could get a certified personal trainer at your gym to conduct the test and report the results. I'm not sure if the numbers he is asking you are right, the reference I have is the American Council on Exercise, lists vigorous activity at greater than >6. Absolute maximum intensity for healthy adults aged 20-39 is 12, for your age group is 10

According to my reference I would be happy to see you a 6.0-8.4.

I could just be blathering and have the wrong reference. I was a certified PT prior to 2006.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom