Scuba Gear for 7 footer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I have 1 kydex long pattern, 1 SS long pattern, and 1 SS x-long pattern. Also have a custom length Freedom Plate, and a long length "Vintage Plate"....

Funding source for my post diving days lifestyle when it finally happens (not for awhile if things go normally)...

I haven't structured my will yet....

Hello, I am 7 feet tall and looking to get my own scuba gear. I have problems shopping for normal everyday items so I am definitely feeling overwhelmed with this task. I have ideas for fins (Turtle 3XL and Scubapro 2xl jets) as well as the intention of visiting a LDS soon. However, would really appreciate any suggestions/guidance from experienced divers.
You might also consider the deep6 XXL. I'm not familiar with the other fins, but if you are going to be diving in a wetsuit, you should get a fin that isn't negatively buoyant in the water (as a rule...). Someone will no doubt chime in that they need a really negative fin, but in most cases, wetsuit diving requires a neutral to slightly positively buoyant fin to maintain proper position in the water.

Cricket at Otter Bay wetsuits made me a custom bootie. My foot is size 13 1/2 A with a AAA heel. It fits perfectly, but is hard to get on and off because it has no zippers for additional warmth. She uses very thick neoprene. I also got an extra long inflater hose on my BCD. I talked to Aqua Lung at the Long Beach Scuba Show and found out the part number. It just screwed right in where the short one had been. You might want to consider going to the Long Beach Scuba Show given that you are in California. You can talk to some of the manufacturer reps there and get their take on the equipment they make.

I also got an extra long inflater hose on my BCD. I talked to Aqua Lung at the Long Beach Scuba Show and found out the part number.
Finding a long inflator hose shouldn't be a problem. You can get BC-style quick disconnect (availble through Trident and elsewhere no doubt) and convert any LP reg hose (which are readily available in a multitude of lengths).

Finding a long inflator hose shouldn't be a problem. You can get BC-style quick disconnect (availble through Trident and elsewhere no doubt) and convert any LP reg hose (which are readily available in a multitude of lengths).
I believe he meant the corrugated hose...​

Congrats, 7footDiver. Welcome to the world of customized dive gear and apparel. I am only 6’ 1” but have a unique issue. I have the legs of a 5’ 10” or less guy, but the torso of a 6’ 4” dude. If You can find photos from White Star Quarry from this past Aug., look for tallish guy w/blue ‘Discovery Diving’ T-shirt. That’s me w/short-little legs. Out of the box dive suits just didn’t cut it for me either. My shirts come from big and tall stores and the 29” inseam is difficult to find in a 38”w size. It was worse when I had 42”+ w, but that’s a part of the past now.

There are many dive stores that have ability to set you up with the most appropriate gear for your configuration. If possible ask them if you can try combination setups in their training pool, with a partner or preferably instructor for sure. You will be diving comfortably and in style for sure. As for fins, body length really isn’t a definitive measure in compatibility. Try normal size fins as well. …they shouldn’t be cumbersome or tiring in the water.

Enjoy the ‘wet’ world and welcome !!
Scott G. Bonser

Oh, another source for suits is EliosSub of Italy. simonbeans recommended them to me for a custom suit of almost any kind.
SGB

Back
Top Bottom