Scuba Movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Water?!! Yikes!

I'd have to say that Deep Blue Sea (I think that is what is called) w/Samuel Jackson is a great scuba diving movie. Not to be confused with a great movie, btw. In fact, kind of a horrible, depressing, gory movie. But the scuba diving is great!

Howard Hughes had everyone beat, "Underwater" was the first scuba movie, who's story was later remade into "The Deep" and then remade again with "Into the Blue." Interesting enough, the press conference for "Underwater" was actually held underwater. Oh good old Howard.

It's not out yet but I'm waiting for the release of "Shadow Divers."

BTW for all you Into the Blue fans, they were recently on Oahu filming "Into the Blue 2." Sorry no Jessica Alba, I have a feeling this will be a straight to DVD release.

Sharkwater is such an amazing movie. You all need to see it! I got it on Blueray for Christmas. It's very sad though. That and Men Of Honor are my favorites. I really enjoyed Fools Gold too. :)

Last edited:
Life Aquatic
Men of Honor
The Big Blue ----- By far the best --- 80's french film based on a true story of Jacques Mayol

Which has demonized SCUBA divers to little kids.
YMMV. I dove in Southern Australia not long after that movie's release. At the end of a dive, as we walked out of the water onto Shelly Beach (in the town of Manly, close to the Sydney Heads) we encountered a mother and her young son (maybe five) walking along the water's edge.

The little guy stared at us in wonder for a moment, then asked excitedly, "did you see Nemo?"

I loved it.

-Bryan

Sphere- One of my favorite movies of all time.
The Cave-Eh, it was worth watching once
Thunderball
The Living Sea
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou- I want music pumped through my diving helmet. Also one of my all time favorites.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou...loved the Jaguar shark!

Hahaha. That was a great movie.

Ok, so movies I know of with diving;

Sphere (ok movie, strange at parts)
Into the Blue (very good movie for obvious reasons :wink: )
The Life Aquatic (very good and funny movie)
The Cave (haven't seen yet)
The Deep (now I've GOT to see that :wink: )
Men Of Honor (another good movie)
The Abyss (haven't seen yet)
tv series called "Shipwrecks; Graveyards of the Deep"
older series, "Mysteries of the Deep: The Best of Undersea Explorer"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom