Scuba Pro - Black Tech and X-Tek Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know, I will get some heat for mentioning this, but the Halcyon Infinity System is awesome, and in my opinion money well worth spending.

I wouldn't have ever agreed with this until actually buying the H2:Spec Pink Halcyon Infinity for my gf and getting some hands-on experience with it. It's fantastic. It's caused a lot of "bc envy" around here!

I prefer donut shaped wings to horseshoe shaped wings for ease of dumping.

Scubapro makes awesome $400 regs. The problem is they charge $700 for them.

I use Scubapro nowadays, but only because I work in a shop that sells Scubapro and get sick discounts, and am also a tech, so I get parts and do all my own servicing. If I had to pay retail and pay for servcing? Fuhgeddaboutit. They make great regs, but they're overpriced, IMHO.

Enjoy the A700. My wife has the chrome version and it's a sweet reg. I didn't like the black version when I saw it in person, but that's just preference.

Jim, you make good points but the way you went at that seemed just to make yourself feel better.

Your good point:
IDC doesn't mean they know what they are doing interacting with manufacturers or the ability to run a business outside of teaching.

However if we intended on staying to the thread...

Scubapro, as with any manufacturer can get backordered. It can be a huge pain, annoyance, and put you off an entire company but as much as it sucks it does happen. I say this as I used to manage a dive shop, probably a good idea would be for your shop to call Scubapro and find out if they have the items in stock, if they know when they will have it in, etc. etc. Most of these companies just order a huge stock from somewhere, slap their logo on it and then sell it. There are a lot of points in the delivery chain that can break and thus the reason your gear hasn't arrived. Your shop (as top notch as you say they are) can make mistakes, so can scubapro. Have your shop call and they should be able to sort it out, if they can't its simple, cancel the order and look for something else. I know I was trying to order a pair of Jets the other day and they are backordered here in Australia until August they said.

If you would like to discuss plastic components being used in "tech" gear, i'm sure there is a place for that. No need to bash what Michael ordered...he didn't ask for input on the order, just what might have happened.

michaelallen,

buy whatever you want, that's my opinion :D

just 2 points

1) Why the MK25? I dive in cold water and everyone here prefer the Mk17+G250v combo. It's cheaper option and a pretty good reg. Maybe these are in stock.

2) The lift on that wing is crazy, I would personally buy an Halcyon Rig than a SP, I've bought one used for my GF (was for me but the BP was a "short") And I love the trim and feel of the setup. The price between SP and Halcyon is pretty much the same. (SP may be lower by 50-100$)

Even if you want to buy Atomic regs, I won't complain. :D It's your money, I won't bash you on what you would like to spend it on.

I switched to OMS not going with scubapro BCD anymore. as far as the Dual 65 and the 95 its not that much different from what i have been told it preforms the same way i just want to know i have it just in case.

Not sure if this helps, but i live in the U.S. and just tried to purchase an A700 black tech at my lds and they said that Scubapro isn't taking orders on these at this time?! I contacted another store to make sure they got their story right. Will post what i find

Just got an email from Scubapro today:

"Yes, the current Black Tech regulator is of limited edition and we are not taking orders for the next few months. We are developing a new technology right now for the Black Tech manufacturing process which will still be a limited edition regulator.

Leisure Pro I understand does have a few in stock from gray market purchasing but as you say the warranty is not valid since they are not an Authorized Dealer.

There is no way we can instate the parts for life program on a Leisure Pro regulator.

Please check back with your dive shop in a month or two and they will have received new information by then."

So either buy it from LP and have no warranty or wait two months for one? Not a good choice. SP really needs to realize the internet is staying and set up some sort internet purchasing ability.

Back
Top Bottom