Scuba Radio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downloaded several podcasts of both Scuba Obsessed and Scuba Radio, and listened to both while on a recent very long road/dive trip.

While Scuba Obsessed seemed to be monotonic and drag, having dead air at times (that lack of editing thing), it was straightforward with an emphasis on information sharing.

As for Scuba Radio, I will have to agree with the previous posters. It is less actual Scuba information and more "laugh at our own jokes" attempt at slapstick "that's what she said" type humor; and while I love irreverant humor (ala Howard Stern, Southpark, Comedy Channel Roasts, etc.) Scuba Radio lacks the sophistication those other shows possess.

Happy diving,
AC

The part that's really hard to understand is it's life of 14 years so far. Amazing!

They are on because they are an outlet for advertisers that is unique, and they do have substantive stuff on from time to time, though it is true that it mostly a bunch of guys (and an occasional mermaid) sitting around and talking about diving, bragging, and laughing. I know. I was the featured guest on August 6, end of hour 1. Scuba Snobs rule.
DivemasterDennis

Scuba Radio is mainly jokes and advertising and "The Morning Zoo" style banter. BUT, I still listen to it because 1) it's something and 2) it's nice and noisy and fills the silence when I'm doing chores and such.

My all time favorite diving podcasts / shows are:

- Talking Scuba (HD Video, but they also have SD video and even audio-only)
- DiveFilm HD
- Scuba Obsessed : very little editing, but I love it for that reason, plus the whole show is packed (usually) with info and news! Occasionally they do come across as old people grumping about, but only for a few seconds at a time. :p
- Wild Oceans (HD video)
- Tony Wu Underwater Photography (mixed content, some are video, some are audio)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom