Scuba Toys - Where's Larry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't get to shoot paintballs at Larry, but I did get a tour of the building when Larry was getting ready to buy it - WOW, what a difference between then and now!!!!

Honestly though, knowing Larry, I would not have expected less than the best paintball facility in Texas, and maybe the entire south....very nicely done, my friend!!!

Scott

Jarrett:
I've been dealing with ScubaToys ever since I got certified last year. Last year it seemed liked Larry was always in the store and on ther board giving great advice and making killer deals. In the last couple of months, I haven't seen him around so much. Definitely not in the store everytime I go in and just rarely on the forum if I look hard. It begs the question:

Where's Larry?
Isn't that the point of owning stores, so you DON'T have to work at them?? When my wife and I first opened our first store (non-scuba) 10 years ago... we used to work every day. Now we own 3 stores... can't be at 3 places at once, so why go to any of them?? People ask us all the time if they'll "catch us at the store" - I tell them "not a chance...I prefer to dive instead of work" :rofl3:

It is interesting...I can afford paintball or scuba, and right now I'm affording scuba :) Therefore, my precious 68 mag (with some funky aftermoarket valve back, benchy 2x trigger with super sweet trigger job and a 10 inch boomstick) sits on the shelf for now. I wonder if I could shoot it using only the pressure from the inflator hose off the reg...not sure how much pressure exactly I need to get her cranking, but I do know that she's fine up to 3k :) (mags have a built in reg). Before that, I had a beautiful STO from 2k1, 3 colour fade with black splash anno... she was sweet but finicky.

This thread would have been much more fun if we all just came up with creative places of where Larry went. :D

I personally thought he Pirate gig at Treasure Treasure was a good one.

mike_s:
This thread would have been much more fun if we all just came up with creative places of where Larry went. :D

I personally thought he Pirate gig at Treasure Treasure was a good one.

mike_s: Yep, you are right. Larry is not actually a pirate; more of a buccanner. Larry is always looking for a new adventure. He does well every time. One of the SCUBA "good guys". We all know his latest venture will be first rate.

Although it's a bit more expensive than paint balls, go out and 'burn some powder' that's a blast!

Just to clear things up, "Black Powder" that is, 'cap and ball'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom