Scubaboard Dive on the Great Escape - Saturday, August 29, 2009.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in with my friend...she allowed as an OW certified diver or is some further certification required? Am I allowed in being I'm from NJ? :)
Anyone diving wet? I've got a 7mm fj that is pretty toasty.
Do I provide my own cylinders? Do we need 3 each? Y'all carry sling bottles?
Sorry for the questions, I don't know where else to go :( ...thanks!
Steve

First of all, let's hope that you made the original roster. I would love to meet an out-of-stater diver. Secondly, 7mm suit is plenty fine. I dive with that mutha year round here in SoCal. Third, if you can't rent a tank (i.e. get in too late to go to an LDS) then let the Great Escape know. They might be able to bring one for you and one for your buddy. Fourth, pony bottles are optional. I carry my pony bottle on my back.:dork2:

Count me in, but only solo at this point. Looking at everyones dives logged, I'll be the only one on the boat with so few dives.

You're welcome to buddy up with me and my buddy. And it's not the numbers of dives that is important but the quality of your dive skill. I've dived with a 10-years vacation diver who had close to a hundred dives and yet buoyancy control was zero and had plenty of bad habits like darting all over the place without keeping track of locations, grabbing marine life, etc.

I appreciate the offer fnlfalman. I don't mind just hanging and watching people take photos or just looking around. Let me go back and update my informal list, post #51, of who is going.

Whodunit68 are you and your friend confirmed with the Great Escape? Please remember this is just my personal informal list of who is going. As Teamcasa has said, please call and check with Joy at the Great Escape. Hope you are .....

Last edited:
Blue_steal - nope, we're 7 and 8 on the list :( ... I'm really disappointed but a series of events simply didn't let us get booked in time. Thanks for your kindness.

fnfalman, thank you!! It looks like I'll be diving with her in the park off the steps. I'm still hoping someone is diving Sunday - I'll be somewhere in or around Carlsbad....fingers crossed.

Hey Blue Steel,

I just needed to let you know that we(the family) has had an unexpected family emergency that hit us this week. I received the list and observed that I was still slated to go. However, this little snag will prevent me from attending. I DO NOT want to prevent someone else from being able to attend because of my situation. I am truly sorry for the last minute notification and apologize, I hope someone else can fill the position. Dive long, deep and safe and I hope everyone has a stellar time. My thoughts will be with you on the Great Escape.

On a side note: Thank you for putting the effort in getting this trip going, that is never an easy task to do. Once again, I hope you have a terrific dive..

Trevor (the "T" of JTDivers)

Trevor, I will let the Great Escape know. Too bad you can;t make it and I hope you can join us some time soon.

Well boys and girls, I will see you all tomorrow!

Happy diving to everyone going tomorrow! I really wish I'd stumbled upon this thread sooner, as I'm local and would love to meet some more divers in the area as it's hard to find buddies sometimes!

I will check in more often now that I know there are SB boat trips on occasion!

P.S. whodunit68, I do know of another boat out of Long Beach that will be going to Catalina on Sunday if you want me to shoot you the info.

Well, I got the truck all packed. See you all tomorrow. There will be 5 in my group. Look for 4ugly adult men and a really cute 14 year old girl with a bright yellow tank (my daughter.) Please say hi.

Mike

Well, I got the truck all packed. See you all tomorrow. There will be 5 in my group. Look for 4ugly adult men and a really cute 14 year old girl with a bright yellow tank (my daughter.) Please say hi.

Mike

Are we supposed to hi say to the 4 ugly adult men or only to the cute 14 old girl?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom