ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m still buying few things to take with me

I’m still buying few things to take with me
I just replaced the fin keeper that I had made for Oz and Boaire shore diving.
My original has disappeared.
As mentioned in the 10 Things video that Roxanne shared above, keeping your hands free by clipping your fins and even your mask to you rig on entries and exits can make life much easier on uneven terrain.

I just replaced the fin keeper that I had made for Oz and Boaire shore diving.
My original has disappeared.
As mentioned in the 10 Things video that Roxanne shared above, keeping your hands free by clipping your fins and even your mask to you rig on entries and exits can make life much easier on uneven terrain.
can you describe this fin keeper thing of which you speak?

The one I had made for myself previously was a bit of 1" webbing, a swivel clip and a snap buckle, all from a marine supply store.
There is a link with the "10 Tips" video that Roxanne shared above, for this one, which is very similar, and low $ enough for me to just buy a replacement.
This is the one I purchased:
20240213_121423.jpg

of course, now I have to try to make that myself.

@gypsyjim made this for me a while back. LOVE it! Simple, and well made it has served me well for many years of beach diving.

Attachments

• 20240213_141947.jpg
    20240213_141947.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 26
@gypsyjim made this for me a while back. LOVE it! Simple, and well made it has served me well for many years of beach diving.
Yup. I made a few for family and friends after seeing bowlofpetunias and thanksforallthefish using them on our Oz trip, now long ago.
Somehow I misplaced mine.
This replacement probably cost me less th as n what i spent on the originals.
I just purchased an aluminum backplate to sub-out for my stainless one that I still need to web up and test somewhere warmer than here.
For travel, I've never regretted making that change.
I have even borrowed Colleen's travel Halcyon, plastic plate "wing", but while I liked the savings in weight, I prefer my harness set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom