Scubaboard Surge 2017 Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T-2 days for Andorable & myself. I'm sure we will have some info to pass along but boy I know we will be missing the 'crew' on this one.
We will miss you guys too! let us know how you like everything and tell them we're all getting excited.

This countdown clock was exciting before, now it's making me nervous .
No need to be nervous, We'll have a wonderful time and look at all the new friends you'll make! :happywave:

I was looking at information regarding the use of electrical appliances while in Cayman Brac. Here's some info that could be of use when you're packing:

Electrical sockets (outlets) in the Cayman Islands are very similar to the electrical outlets found in the United States and Canada, and if your appliance has a North American plug, it's possible that you won't need any adapter at all in order to plug in there. However, there are two potentially very important physical differences that may need to be addressed with an adapter: grounding and/or polarization. If your plug has one or both, and the socket doesn't, then the plug may not physically be able to fit into the socket without an adapter.

In the case of a North American appliance plug, grounding is accomplished by the third, round pin beneath and below the two vertical blades on the plug. Polarization is accomplished by the left vertical blade being taller than the right, so that the plug can't be inserted upside down. U.S. and Canadian sockets are required to be both grounded and polarized.

Hope this helps!

From Cayman Brac Beach Resorts website. Hope this helps.
That's true as long as the socket can accommodate a three-prong plug (grounding) if that's what the item you're plugging in has. Also, if the socket has one opening bigger than the other (polarizing), then you won't need an adapter. 110 volts has nothing to do with grounding or polarizing. When we've traveled, we've stayed in places that were 110 volts but wouldn't accommodate a three-prong plug or a plug with one prong wider than the other. That's why we always bring an adapter. No surprises.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have stayed at various venues on all three Cayman islands, including 4 times at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort - including just last month - and we've never had any problems using/charging our cameras, phones, tablets, curling iron, or other electrical equipment; but it certainly wouldn't hurt to bring a 2-prong/3-prong adapter.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom