Scubapro A700 Service Costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbhouse2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I had the opportunity to speak with a dive shop in the SF Bay Area regarding the Scubapro S600 and A700 on monday. The sales person said the S600 was the better set up even though the A700 breaths a bit better because the maintenance on the A700 is difficult at best to deal with where the S600 is very strait forward.
He insinuated the cost of the A700's maintenance would be a bit higher in parts over the life span and through the S600 was a better value.
Does anyone have any experience with the maintenance of the A700? Is there any truth to the maintenance costs?

Thats not true. The parts kits are all most the same. And the A700 is just as easy to work on as the S600.

Last edited:
You should be getting "free" parts over the life of either one of those regulators.

-Mitch

Maybe he meant that the labor cost might be higher, not the parts kit, but it doesn't matter, it's all wrong. Sometimes I wonder if some dive shop employees really try to find nonsensical statements to confuse customers with....

Just another in the billions and billions (to paraphrase Carl Sagan) of examples of why I do my own regulator service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom