Scubapro A700 - the King of Bling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

even if people have no clue about how well metal seconds perform, especially in cold water
Mark

Oh yeah... forgot to mention the whole heat transfer thing:wink:

1. Are the four allen/torx screws really necessary? The covers of every reg I've ever owned have all been the threaded twist-on style.

2. Wouldn't the low WOB numbers mean these would be more likely to freeflow?

3. How much more does this weigh over the G250V or S600?

Personally, I could do without the shiney. IMO a nice satin finish is timeless. I'm also not a fan of narrow second stages with narrow exhaust ports. As always, YMMV.

I think it looks great, obviously my taste isn't the norm!

I'm in the process of getting a new reg, i was settled on the MK17/G250v, purely on performance ratings in the cold, but i'm not fussed on the huge second stage. I think the MK17/A700 looks like the reg for me, but as in the above post the freeflowing thing would worry me, i'm a UK diver, water gets bloomin cold.

My LDS has mine on order.:D So when they come out I will have it. The bad thing is it dose not come in din :sad: But I could change it to din but then it would not be the way it came. I'm going to be the pool diver with the king of bling.

how much have you got it on order for? if i may ask.

Unless it is some weird thing they've only done for the States, I doubt it is only available in A-clamp. When I went to the factory for the unveiling of the new reg, they had both DIN and A-clamp versions of the MK17/A700 and MK25/A700.

Mark

With a price tag in the $750 to $800 range. Unbelievable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom