ScubaPro A700 Weight / Jaw Fatigue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba393

Registered
Reaction score
Question for all you A700 users ...

Is its weight ever an issue? Seems to be slightly heavier than other regs due to the metal ... can you feel it in your jaw after diving 40 or so minutes?

I assume this reg doesn't come with anything special other than a metal 2nd stage which many higher end regs have.

Many? The only current one that comes to mind is the Mares. Of course, there are lots of older metal 2nd stages.

Regarding the weight, since the reg is filled with air and it's in the water, I wouldn't be too worried about jaw fatigue. Just make sure the hose is a comfortable length and the mouthpiece is comfortable.

well, there *used* to be many...

FWIW, even if I've been out of the water for quite a while I don't find my old, solid brass R109 to cause fatigue either. That is, IMO, partly due to having a mouth piece that i find comfortable, bc with an older mouth piece I had it would bother me about the 3rd dive of the day.

Absolutely no problems with jaw fatigue, but I also have it connected to a Miflex hose. To me that is the key... along with a really good mouthpiece.

Unlike others, I seem to think the A700 breathes a little dry. YMMV.

You become used to whatever you use.
The reason generally for mouthpiece clamping is current or crashing into things.
Or when your sphincter starts clamping.
My Beuchat's have a metal faceplate, tube inside, and coldsink for some reason?

...if you use Trimix, the helium you breathe will offset the 'heavy' metal 2nd-stage, worth a try, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom