scubapro adjustable twin jetfins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Earl E. Retire

Registered
Reaction score
I've heard these are used by military divers and are "top of the line". I want fins that are generally comfortable to use, that I can maneuver well with, and that I can crank up to get quick bursts of speed if needed (strong legs).
Advice?
:06:

EER

Incredibly expensive for little or no gain.

Earl E. Retire:
I've heard these are used by military divers and are "top of the line". I want fins that are generally comfortable to use, that I can maneuver well with, and that I can crank up to get quick bursts of speed if needed (strong legs).
Advice?
:06:

EER

The fins you are thinking about are the Jet Fins which have been around forever. They are solid, black in color and sell for around $89.

The Twin Jet Fins are the newer "split fins" which come in various colors and sell for around $189.

Jim Kerr:
The fins you are thinking about are the Jet Fins which have been around forever.

Nope i know the fins hes on about. They are adjustable jet fins in which you can alter vanes and grooves to "customise" the flow. They are about £300ukp in price afaik.

The adjustable twins are models with the strap heel and the split paddle. They are a follow-on generation of fins from the jet fin model.
f_twin_jet_adj.asp

I know the jet fins have been around for many years. A couple of LDS that sell the twin jets have told me that US military divers use the twin jets as a standard. The fins look very durable, but are expensive, $189 US.
Maybe I'd be better off getting a pair of jet fins from ebay? Seem to be some pretty good deals there.
EER

The US military may be using them now, I can't say for sure. The last I heard they were still pretty solid on using the old style Jets & Aqualung Rocket fins. It's possible that has been changing, though.

The Twin Jets have been around for some years, too. You can buy them used, or from an unauthorized online dealer, for considerably less. But from an authorized dealer I don't think you'll have much luck getting them for under $150.

Earl,
What you are describing sounds very much like "Force Fins".

the K

Could you post a picture, I have never heard of such a thing, maybe they are just available in the UK.

What you are discribing sounds like force fins, the pro modes with "whiskers". which translates to "expensive garbage"

Ahhhhh-

What you got there are the Scuba pro twin jets, I guess the adjustable term comes from the heel strap? Or open heel style compared to the full foot design. I guess just some confusion on terminology, and the reference to adjustable force or tweaking of the fin, I have not heard of that feature. Sounds like a confusion between force fins and twin jets.

But I do like the twin jets for nearly all types of diving, if you like cruising around with an incredible efficient fin the twin jets are great, very comfy. However if you need high intensity movement like moving heavy objects or carrying heavy gear with you I would say they are not the best choice. If this is your situation go with the jet fins or something very similar to that design.

My only advice is to go with the black pair, they are made of a stiffer material that the majority of people enjoy as compared to the other colors which are softer and gentler on old injuries if that is a concern.

JUMBO

Back
Top Bottom