Scubapro Classic Plus, Twin-Jet question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim,

Yes, I own that BC, several of them in different sizes. It's what I wear and it's what I teach my students in. I never concern myself with colors. Use the colors you like. I keep a small flashlight in my pocket, I've never lost one. The velcroe hold them closed fairly well, A zipper would be more secure, but also more subject to failure requiring expensive repair. I have a knife attached to the inflator hose. The BC waist belt has a left hand release, the weight belt is a right hand release. No way to confuse them. I'm very comfortable in my BC.

Full foot fins are a bad idea. You aren't wearing a boot, so you have no foot protection when the fin is off. Also, with open heel fins, you can loop them over your wrists to climb the ladder. If you slip, you still have your fins.

Hi viz fins aren't an issue even in low viz water. If your students are looking at your fins, you aren't in a position to be watching them. I dive low viz and have been teaching with my Jets for a long time. It's not an issue. Try them both in a pool before you buy, you'll like the fine control, power and flexibilty of kicking styles availble to you with the Jets. You'll also like the fact they are a great deal cheaper and last forever.

Walter:
Tim,

Yes, I own that BC, several of them in different sizes. It's what I wear and it's what I teach my students in. I never concern myself with colors. Use the colors you like. I keep a small flashlight in my pocket, I've never lost one. The velcroe hold them closed fairly well, A zipper would be more secure, but also more subject to failure requiring expensive repair. I have a knife attached to the inflator hose. The BC waist belt has a left hand release, the weight belt is a right hand release. No way to confuse them. I'm very comfortable in my BC.

Full foot fins are a bad idea. You aren't wearing a boot, so you have no foot protection when the fin is off. Also, with open heel fins, you can loop them over your wrists to climb the ladder. If you slip, you still have your fins.

Hi viz fins aren't an issue even in low viz water. If your students are looking at your fins, you aren't in a position to be watching them. I dive low viz and have been teaching with my Jets for a long time. It's not an issue. Try them both in a pool before you buy, you'll like the fine control, power and flexibilty of kicking styles availble to you with the Jets. You'll also like the fact they are a great deal cheaper and last forever.

I think the owner ended up ordering both the Classic Plus and the Classic Sport today, so I'll give them a try and give him the other. I don't know about the fins, I wish there were a full foot version. Its just that I've been diving with fullfoot and a shorty here for years. I always wait until the last client is up and then I hand my fins up and climb up. You're right about the fin/student issue, I definitely mean that the hi-viz would be more for guiding fun dives, which is more than half of the work here. I'll admit I've jammed my toes a number of times on the boat benches, etc., but I would take off the boots if I had them anyway.

okay thanks a lot.

I dived for over 30 years in jet fins. I was willing to give the splits a try and ended up giving my jets away. After several trys (including the twin jets) I settled on the Scuba Pro twin speeds, their newer model of split. They are very stiff and offer both power and speed. Bye the way, I can back up and frog kick faster than my paddle fin buddies. How do I know? I've had many split natsayers try to lose me to no avail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom