Scubapro Faber Italy Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess you could calculate the actual volume by filling it with water. If the last hydro was in 85, it's getting wet inside anyway before you use it.

More like you got more paint and galvanizing than you were supposed to. Interior diameter is who knows what as well.

No paint. I'm guessing hot dipped/galvanized--and I cannot imagine the coating could account for .25" of diameter.

I guess you could calculate the actual volume by filling it with water. If the last hydro was in 85, it's getting wet inside anyway before you use it.

No, the last hydro was in 1996, and the tape is still on the valve orifice from the first fill after the hydro. I didn't inclue the post-birthdate hydros in the engraving because I didn't think they would be helpful in ID'ing the tank--I knew the tank was born in '85.

Yes, that is also the diameter of the "72" on the current Blue Steel Faber spec sheet. I should throw out this cylinder spec chart I printed out from Huron Scuba, which lists the Faber 72 at 6.75". I have found a few other quirky specs on this chart.

So the diameter is off only .16"--consider the coating and that's not too bad.

Yup, looks like I bought a 72. Given the "Scubapro" engraving, sticker, and valve, I probably would have bought it even knowing it was a 72. Should get some help with this problem of mine.

Thanks!

Actually, SP listed the "71.4 Slim" as they called them, as being 6.84" OD.

I know this is an old thread. I, too have a set of these I use for sidemount and diving as a single tank. I'm grateful for the specs above as I also have had trouble identifying these tanks. Does anyone have boots for these? Helpful when diving in ow as a "stand". Thanks!

Yes, that is also the diameter of the "72" on the current Blue Steel Faber spec sheet. I should throw out this cylinder spec chart I printed out from Huron Scuba, which lists the Faber 72 at 6.75". I have found a few other quirky specs on this chart.

What makes it confusing is that the Blue steel is the third 72, I know of, that Faber has made. What makes it more interesting is that the MP72 at 3300# was that the same designation (MP72) that was used for the previous 3000# +10% tank, which had me confused for a while.

Bob

anybody know the REE number for these Faber/SP 72's or have any specifications from the manufacturer? I have one I obtained that never maintained the plus rating when re-qualified. It's hard enough getting them to acknowledge 3000, and 3300 is impossible. I'd like to see if I can get it back at the next hydro, and have documentation when I get fills.

anybody know the REE number for these Faber/SP 72's or have any specifications from the manufacturer?

Send Bud Allen at Blue Steel an email (bud@bluesteelscuba.com) with all the tank markings and ask him to confirm with Faber. I did that with my LP77s.

anybody know the REE number for these Faber/SP 72's or have any specifications from the manufacturer? I have one I obtained that never maintained the plus rating when re-qualified. It's hard enough getting them to acknowledge 3000, and 3300 is impossible. I'd like to see if I can get it back at the next hydro, and have documentation when I get fills.

One of mine is REE 42 and one is REE 46.

Back
Top Bottom