scubapro g260

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it the same size as the S600.

Sorry it is NOT the same size as the S-600. It is bigger then the S-600 and Smaller then the G-250-V It is a new mold all together. And it is a nice looking reg. Now they have the other new regs too and they are the same size. Did my expert class in Key Largo and got to play with all the new regs. The new G-260 will be on my left side for side mount. Now to sell that Apeks.

I don't get the hub-bub, it's just another 2nd stage. Actually, they've kind of been going downhill IMO. The best was the pilot, then the 109 aka balanced/adjustable, then the D300/350/400, then the G250, which went downhill with the 'upgraded' G250HP, then the S600, then the unfortunate X650. Sooooooo......to me it's a little tough to get excited about a 'new' SP 2nd stage.

In fact I was just sitting at a light pondering why I don't just get rid of everything except a few balanced 109s. Okay, I'll keep one pilot too. And a few D300s, but only because I have a bag of poppets for them.

Is it the same size as the S600.

Sorry it is NOT the same size as the S-600. It is bigger then the S-600 and Smaller then the G-250-V It is a new mold all together. And it is a nice looking reg. Now they have the other new regs too and they are the same size. Did my expert class in Key Largo and got to play with all the new regs. The new G-260 will be on my left side for side mount. Now to sell that Apeks.

That is a bit worrisome. Why would they do that unless they are setting the foundation for pulling support for some older regs? I hope that is not the case,

That is a bit worrisome. Why would they do that unless they are setting the foundation for pulling support for some older regs? I hope that is not the case,

something in my distrust of SP tells me that you may have stumbled upon a quite probable scary reality......

(and for the record, I own a ton of SP regs. I am not just "sitting on the outside throwing stones"....)

Oh well... Maybe it's time to stock up on diaphragms, exhaust valves, and so forth.

You can always add your set of 109s into your "will and last testament" Do not forget to order some purge covers, exhaust tees and exhaust valves from VDH :wink:

We are probably in good shape but I sure would hate for my great grand kids to miss out on the good regulators that Scubapro used to manufacture.

We are probably in good shape but I sure would hate for my great grand kids to miss out on the good regulators that Scubapro used to manufacture.

Maybe you could get yours cryogenically frozen. The regulators, not your great grand kids, I mean....

My youngest granddaughter got my best Mk5/156/109 when she was certified. By the time the great one(s) are ready, I will probably be ready to pass on my Pilot(s) with Honkers. I guess they will have to learn to DIY.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom