ScubaPro Go Sport fins in drift diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes have both, the SP Go Sport are about the same as the F2.
For high current I said "bugger the weight" and dive these, longer but not much heaver.
At home I use a spring strap, for travel I revert to the ones below.
This is for warm water in Qld.
ExcitePro.jpg

whether they are more powerful than the F2's or have used them in high current and cares to comment on their power compared to other fins?
The above is a reply to this , sorry.
You will not be left behind with these.

Can anyone speak to their confidence in the bungee straps? I'm a fan of spring straps but you could always bring a spare bungee I guess as long as the mounting is pretty rugged.
There is nothing wrong with SP bungees but I think they are a bit too short which makes the fins feel too tight and more difficult to put on. I replaced them by some “marine grade” bungee cords I found on Amazon.
Shock Cord 1/4 inch - SGT KNOTS -...

The above is a reply to this , sorry.
You will not be left behind with these.
Thanks. Can I clarify though - are you saying the Go Sport is or isn't more powerful than the F2? Or are you recommending the Mares instead as a travel fin.

are you recommending the Mares instead as a travel fin.
Yes I am, for strong currents that is.

'm looking for a new set of travel fins. We've always used the Hollis F2's for travel, but I keep finding they really lack the power of the regular jet fins, and we get left behind in current.
I use Mares fins when I know I'm going to be in strong current area, but in general use Hollis F2s.

I struggle some times with the F2s when there is a strong surface current and have to get to the anchor line hauling a large camera rig and occasionally in a drysuit, and recently bought the lighter version of the UTD fins.

I do know of two people who love the ScubaPro Go Sport fins and I was very tempted to get a pair before my last trip to Indonesia due to the weight difference and the fact you can get them in non-black colour.

I haven't yet tried the Go Sport, and missed an opportunity last Saturday as my friend, the owner of the dive op, was driving the boat and not diving.

All of the above comments now make me want to get a pair, now the dilemma, which colour? Maybe Henry Ford was right!

Pink, :cool: and do not fight the current.
Mares Excite pro when I need more power , I just feel in control .

Are the Go Sports adequate for drysuit diving?

Can anyone speak to their confidence in the bungee straps? I'm a fan of spring straps but you could always bring a spare bungee I guess as long as the mounting is pretty rugged.
I have never seen the bungee fin straps on the Nova or Go Sport fins break. The rubber "thumb hole" has ripped but I have never seen the bungee break.

Back
Top Bottom