Scubapro Go-Sport vs Go-Sport Gorilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to be clear, I have never found my Go-Sports to be lacking and I have been in a lot of current. And some of my dive buddies are pretty good divers. And nobody is passing me up despite my camera. The only place they seem too flexible is when I am sitting still, we all see a turtle or shark or ray and I hammer them to get moving so as to get there first, lol. They buckle a little too much in the mid section just for that instant at a standing start but soon catch up and give me all the Go I have needed. To be fair, I have that same issue with Quattros, the buckling right at the end of the toe pocket.
This has been my experience with Go and GoSport too, they fin performs great after that, interested to hear if this is the case with the gorilla. The Super Nova is sort of designed to take advantage of that hard kick to preload the blade, the S Tek seems to want to avoid it altogether.

Trying to understand US sizing on the Scubapro Go. It looks like I may be in between sizes at US12. What size US do you wear and what size fins with what size boots? Thanks in advance.

Trying to understand US sizing on the Scubapro Go. It looks like I may be in between sizes at US12. What size US do you wear and what size fins with what size boots? Thanks in advance.

I cannot answer for the Go-Travel. I have Go-Sports and I wear a size 11 in New Balance or Nike sneakers and I use the size Large with either 3mm thin soled booties or 5mm thin soled boots. If your boots are like hiking boots then size up. The foot pocket is roomy and with the open toe more forgiving of some foot shapes becuase the toes are not scrunched up. Not only are the Go-Sports the Best Fin Ever they are also the most comfortable open heel fin ever.

I wear a US size 12 shoe, and use a size Large Go Sport fin with 5mm soft sole boots. Good fit, not too tight or too loose.

The other day I wore my Go Sports in shallow turbid water harvesting urchins. I had trouble keeping my legs down because they are very light and I was leg light in really shallow surgy water.
I love the propulsion of the Go Sport, way more than Jets which are a slug when it comes to regular kicking. I wish my LDS would get the Gorilla version in.
So for my second dive I had to switch to my Jets which were negative enough to keep my feet down. I even contemplated stuffing a few small rocks into the vents just to help with weighting them more but I chickened out.

The other day I wore my Go Sports in shallow turbid water harvesting urchins. I had trouble keeping my legs down because they are very light and I was leg light in really shallow surgy water.
I love the propulsion of the Go Sport, way more than Jets which are a slug when it comes to regular kicking. I wish my LDS would get the Gorilla version in.
So for my second dive I had to switch to my Jets which were negative enough to keep my feet down. I even contemplated stuffing a few small rocks into the vents just to help with weighting them more but I chickened out.
I think you've uncovered a market for stainless steel skegs.

Or maybe swapping the bungees for spring straps would be enough.

.The only place they seem too flexible is when I am sitting still, we all see a turtle or shark or ray and I hammer them to get moving so as to get there first, lol. They buckle a little too much in the mid section just for that instant at a standing start but soon catch up and give me all the Go I have needed.
Well articulated, and I agree (it’s not my technique it’s the fins! Yippee!) But what is life without an extra pair of fins in ones collection…?
I think you've uncovered a market for stainless steel skegs.

Or maybe swapping the bungees for spring straps would be enough.
Been waiting to do exactly that on my next dive trip!

The Gorrilla Go-Sports are not going to be any more negative IMO than the regular Go-Sport. The difference in weight/density between the versions is not significant. And I would not want them to be. Okay, they will be a hair more negative, frankly I could tell no difference in the pool.

I haven't tried my Gorilla GS fins yet but in addition to what's been mentioned, I like that the bungees are beefier. I have not found spare Gorilla version of the straps yet so if people have a source, please share. I too would like to see an aftermarket option for spring straps. They would add a little negative buoyancy and some durability.

Anyone have a source for spare straps for the Gorilla version? In a pinch, does anyone know if the standard straps would at least fit on the fins until the rugged version is replaced?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom