Scubapro Jet Fins Sizing Help!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will_tekkie

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys I Have A Doubt..i´m Going To Buy A Jet Fins Pair With Springs For A Friend Online From Lp But I´m Not 100% Sure If A Large Size Is Ok For Him. He Uses A 8 1/2 (42 In Europe) For Regular Shoes...following The Guidelines That Lp Provides (regular Size+1=9 Or 9 1/2), A Large Size Must Be Ok Enough...but I Have My Doubts As I Said, Maybe It Would Be A Little Bigger Than Ideal.

Please I Hear Your Opinions About It..

Thanks...

Will.

Is he diving a wet suit or dry suit?
The type of boot your friend is wearing when diving will determine the size fin required.

the K

he´s diving a wetsuit, this is a reason because i´m not sure about the correct size...

If he is using hard sole boots, better go with the XL's. You can do with a L, if using soft sole boots. Personally, I prefer a looser fit than too tight as it reduces the possibilities of a foot cramp.

I wear men's size 9 hard sole wetsuit boots (Deep sea Orcas) and needed an XL jet fin- I can also wear them with my Andys Drysuit boots with no problems. I tried a L set and found them way too snug even with my old Tilos soft soled boots.

Jackie

Once again, kidspot's size chart to the rescue. Perhaps this will help or not. It does mostly focus on dry suit boots but also shows a section for wearing socks so maybe you could split the dif? You probably already know about it, but it still may be of assistance. Note how even the smaller boot users tend to get xl or even xxl jets. My guess would be to go with xl or turtles. Good luck. Always tough guessing these things without trying them on. I spent a ton of time and money doing this so I know how ya feel! For what it's worth, I use my Turtle's with a size 9.5 us wet suit booty that is 5mil and the fit is perfect!

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/

I just posted this in another thread. I PM'ed this info to Kidspot a while ago but I don't think it made it to his (excellent) webpage yet.

I have size 9.5 feet and currently use the SP "Molded Sole Boots" 5mm size ML/9 that have more of an athletic-shoe-type sole. Not a bad combination with XL Jetfins. Though I've been thinking about trying the Henderson Hyperstretch boots. I still don't have a set of springstraps, the rubber straps are terrible IMO...

Ok Guys..it´s clear that a XL size is the choice..but what spring fit better with wetsuit boot???..

If you are trying to choose between two spring sizes, get the larger one - you can always shorten them if needed.

I wear a size 9 shoe and use size L Jet Fins with soft soled boots without any problems. If I had it to do over again, I would definately get XL Jets as they give you a lot more flexibility with regard to boot choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom