Scubapro Jetfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

impulse

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I would like to know from which site I can order scubapro jetfins?

I think there are a couple of types of this fin? Could anyone give me information about this? Which one is the best one?

My feet size is 42. What size would fit me best ?

Thanks.

Scubapro Jet Fin. Fins Open heel, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive (I don't know if they ship to Turkey though)

There's only one type, unless you count the "twin jet" which is a split fin. There are other brands that offer a similar fin such as Hollis F1, OMS slipstream, and XS Scuba Turtles. If you get the Jets, you'll probably want to get spring-straps.

Never owned jets so I don't know what size you should get (plus I don't know what "42" is in US size). Also, for sizing, you should post what type of boot you are wearing; using a thin booty will result in you needing a different size than if you're using drysuit rock-boots.

Impulse: Your size converts to American Size 10 this puts you in a Jetfin Large.. with wetsuit booties/ If you dive dry with turbo soles you will need to step up to extra large/ if you use rock boots you probably want XXL. There are several outlets around Europe or International Ebay just google scubapro jetfin.

hope this helps

diver_doug:
There's only one type, unless you count the "twin jet" which is a split fin.

Twin Jets are not Jets. There is only one type of Jet Fin.

diver_doug:
If you get the Jets, you'll probably want to get spring-straps.

Those who like spring straps want them on any fin they use, those who see no need for them, see no need for them with any fin.

Impluse,

Size 43 is US 9. For size 43 use a Jet Fin size large for wetsuit booties, and a extra-large (XL) for a dry suit. Scubapro has big steps between sizes, so a medium is a lot smaller than a large, and XXL is really big. I do not know how much smaller a 42 is than a 43, but I assume they are close.

SP jetfins and OMS slipstream are identical in blade length but they have different foot pocket and the OMS slips are lighter than SP jets, if you dive on wet or if you are foot heavy the OMS slips is a better choice (42 will fit in Large slips on wetsuit boots) and is best with spring strap.

axyto:
if you dive on wet or if you are foot heavy the OMS slips is a better choice (42 will fit in Large slips on wetsuit boots) and is best with spring strap.

Jets are too heavy, so use the lighter Slipstreams, but be sure to weight them down with metal straps?

My Jets (no spring straps) with my boots inserted are neutrally buoyant. What is the buoyancy of Slipstreams with spring straps and boots inserted?

When I look at the chart at the link http://pimpmykicks.com/images/shoe-size-conversion.jpg 42 shoe size converts as 8,5 US size.

Consedering I will be wearing wetsuit with thick boots, must I order L size or XL size?

And as I asked the type, I was asking the paddle size of the fin. I see some jets have shorter paddle where as some has longer paddle.

And one more thing is, I also have aqualung rocket fins. Can anyone compare jets to rockets? Which is better? I saw lots of comment about them that's saying jets are better than rockets. Do you agree?

NAUIwowee : Thanks for the link to the store. I will call them to see if they really got the fin.

impulse:
Consedering I will be wearing wetsuit with thick boots, must I order L size or XL size?

I wear a size 9, so our feet are close to the same size, but mine are slightly larger. I wear L with regular size boots, and XL with thick soles.

impulse:
I see some jets have shorter paddle where as some has longer paddle.

There is a big difference in paddle size between L and XL, but I can tell no difference in how they move me through the water.

impulse:
And one more thing is, I also have aqualung rocket fins. Can anyone compare jets to rockets? Which is better?

Having used both, there's no comparison. Jets are the best fin I've ever used, Rockets are one of the worst.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom