Scubapro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$540.00 is MSRP for the Knighthawk without the Air2. With Air2 MSSRP is $675.00. The question is if you want the warranty. There is one on Ebay right now that was under $300.00 earlier today, but you won't get the warranty. I guess you have to decide how much the warranty is worth to you.

I know there are a couple of others on the board besides myself who have Knighthawks, so ask away.

HI - I have a knife called a remora that lives on my LP hose that connects to by BCD inflator. The remora is about 3 inches long and has a special attachment device that slides around the hose. You then screw the knife holder to the backing plate of the attachment piece - real easy! The remora is a great knife for those times when you NEED a knife that is sharp, and cannot reach your leg knife. They cost about $30.00 US I think. Dive safe. Iain

That seemed a little sketchy.

I mounted my BC/backup knife to the back of my 3-gauge console with a couple of zip-ties. It's out of the way, low drag, low risk, and right there when I need it.

I also tried moumting my knife on the corrugated hose and did not like it there. I ended up putting about half of the sheath under the flap where the "S" is sewn on the right hand side of the BC. I zip tied through where the quick release buckle is attached to the BC and where a leg strap would go on the sheath. I can easily reach the knife with either hand. This negates the use of the D ring on that side, and makes it difficult to access the quick release, but I don't use either anyway.
Let us know what you end up doing.
Bill

My LDS offered me a price of 570 USD for a knighthawk without the AIR2.

Is this a good price? Anywhere else sells its for cheaper? I checked Leisurepro and DiveINN but they don't carry the model.

I just want to check with other Knighthawk owners and prospective buyers on their opinion of the quoted price. Thanks

seems like a good deal to me, since it includes a the Air 2. I bid on one on Ebay without the air 2 and it ended up going for i think $450 or a little more. And it was used.

I have a knighthawk that i purchased from my lds that is about 6mos old .I just recently switched over to a BP/Wing.There is nothing wrong with the knighthawk and is a great BC.I just prefer the fit of a BP/wing and the fact i can goto doubles by changing the wing.Its also much easier to carry my cannister light and back up light.

I still have not decided if im gonna keep or sell my knighthawk.I dont really see a reason to keep it as i love my halcyon set up plus ill be taking DIRF soon....hopefully.The knighthawk is a great bc and is hard to part with.If your interrested in it let me know as i might be willing to sell it.I may keep it if i decide to take a divecon class as im sure the instructor would prefer me to use standard gear around students as most of them have never heard of dir or a long hose.Besides he doesnt sell halcyon gear which could be a problem.

I would very much like to get the Knighthawk from you but I currently reside in Singapore, but if that doesn't bother you, I wear an M-sized BC I think. 5"9' and 170 pounds.

Geez.. sounds like something out of the personals.

How much you willing to sell it for though?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom