ScubaPro NightHawk BCD (Reviews ???)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love mine.
I really like back inflate, the BC is not constricting at all.
The D-rings are placed well for me.
The weight pouches work good for me. Since going dry I have split my weight between a weight belt and the integrated weight pouches, but I have carried 6lb in each ditchable pouch with no problems.
I agree that the pockets are a pain, I struggle every time I try to open and unroll that fold out pouch in the middle of a dive with gloves on. :banghead: The other little pocket fits my backup light, a UK Mini Q40 perfectly.
The tank band does not slip, very secure.
The BC is very well constructed.
I opted for the standard inflator, cannot warm up to the idea of the Air2.
All in all, a positive review here.:sunny

dlndavid:
For me it feels like I'm diving without anything on. The bad part is the pockets are minimal at best.
I suppose that if you were diving without anything on.... you would not have any pockets. :D
Smartass--> Dennis

AndyNZ:
Y
Dislikes:

The integrated weights can be a PITA to get in at times, particularly if you use (a lot of) shot in them.
Three of us have them and haven't really run into that problem, even when coming close to filling the pockets on most dives. Was definitly easier when we were warm water diving with less weight. Never really had a problem getting the pockets into the BC and clipped in, found them to be much easier than the pockets on an Aqualung jacket style BC I learned with.

Well, I hesitate to add here, as I don't have much else to say. But I love my KnightHawk. It is an outstanding BC. I doubt you need to by an XXL, but I did. The KnightHawk was one of the few that came in my size...so I bought mostly based on that. And I have not been disappointed. I like the back-inflate. Much less constricting than a jacket BC. I've never had any problems with the weight pockets. My BC holds a total of 32 pounds with no problem.

Two things I don't like: Not enough D-rings, and the "fold out" pocket may as well not exist.

But those are small problems in my book. I've never had a problem with it in 47 dives so far...with many more to come.

Hope you find what you want.

I have the female version, the Lady Hawk. It's a great BC, but for some reason they give the ladies just one pocket. My old BC was a scubapro glide. It had a little pocket on the cumberbund which was extremely handy for my signal mirror or a key or whatever. I get by with the one roll out pocket, but I miss that little pocket in the front the most of all.

You can always get pockets or pouches and mount them on your BC.

Like mine, even though It's low on pocket space, My mini Q40 pretty much fills the one pocket, and the other roll down one sticks out/down too far for my tastes, so I leave it rolled up...good for when you find sea treasure though :wink:

I very much like the "back pack" feel of it on those long walks to the water across the beach with all that coldwater gear on :D

DB

I just bought one and so far am happy with it. Most of my research came from searching this board for "Knighhawk" and there was tons of positive info. I finally bought all my "own" gear and am super glad I did.

If anyone figures out the pocket thing please let me know. My SMB takes the bottom left pocket and I have yet to use the fold out pocket.

No problems for me on the weight pockets. 10 lbs in the trim pockets and the fronts only carried another 10 lbs. Gonna drop down to 18 lbs altogether next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom