Scubapro S600 vs. A700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I know, LeisurePro are not official Scubapro dealers. They still sell their stuff but handle the warranty themselves. I can't vouch for how well their warranties work or how they get ahold of their stuff.

I have both the A700 and S600 and they're both great. They've updated the S600 to include a metal air barrel (which is also an upgrade option whenever you get an older S600 serviced.) The A700 is priced like a boutique regulator and it looks cool. The performance difference can be measured in the lab, but the difference that I've found is minimal. Either way, you end up with a top of the line regulator that, with service, should last you as long as people are using open circuit regs.

I used to have the S600/Mk25. I since moved to the A700 second stage. I still use the Mk25. The big difference between the second stages is the air is a lot more moist with the A700, no more dry mouth.
the A700 breathes easier & is a smaller profile.
I liked the S600, but after using the A700, I wouldn't even think of going back the S600.....

What amazes me is, if we consider the fact that Leisurepro is making minimal profit on the deal, does that give us insight to the fact that LSC's are making like $200 profit at a minimum on these regulators? Or does Scubapro offer two prices for dealers, one which includes the warranty package and one that does not? I know these is completely separate issue, but I needed to vent. I'm getting off my soap box now!

Well looks like Leisurepro got smart and maybe that price was an error. Glad I got my order in before they changed the price! They'd better honor it!! :D

What amazes me is, if we consider the fact that Leisurepro is making minimal profit on the deal, does that give us insight to the fact that LSC's are making like $200 profit at a minimum on these regulators? Or does Scubapro offer two prices for dealers, one which includes the warranty package and one that does not? I know these is completely separate issue, but I needed to vent. I'm getting off my soap box now!

My understanding is there is a 100% markup on dive gear. I am not exactly sure where Leisurepro gets its inventory. Some say it is imported others say it is from dive shops here in the U.S. The conspiracy theorists claim they get deliveries in the middle of the night from Scubapro. :)

My missus dive a pair of GV250's with Mk25's and I have S555 and A700 on Mk35's (The S555 is an S600 without the adjustable knob). I love them both but when put the s555 (my octo) in my mouth I find it is way to light for me and feels like it is being pulled out of my mouth. The A700 (my main reg) is just perfect I find. Both breath excellent though.

The original price on LP was not a mistake nor is the current price. Scubapro drank the cool-aid and decided "if you can't beat them, join them". They are now allowing internet sale/shipment directly to the costumer so LP and other online sites are now authorized SP dealers. The flip side is that they have to come up to MAP (min. adv. price) give or take 10% just like your LDS. Actually good news for the LDS.

(Indeed, I just got an e-mail that LeisurePro is now an authorized ScubaPro dealer! Amazing how times change...)

Back
Top Bottom