Scubapro Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keller34

Contributor
Reaction score
I did a quick search and only found one video of someone(Brad) putting a MK2 reg back together. I was wondering why there are not more videos of someone showing how to perform a DIY reg service? I would love to see the MK10, MK16, MK25 firsts and the 109, d300\400, r380, and others. There must be someone that does their own service on these.

It's a logistical nightmare to make a good quality video for that.

Imagine seeing a lego building video VS looking at the picture manual. You'll begin to see why it's easier to look at a diagram.
Then also imagine the liability with showing how to service a reg on the open wide web. Someone is bound to screw up because they misinterpreted what the author was saying.

Finally imagine the camera set up you would need to make a quality video. It's pretty tough to have some good quality detail shots on a table top when your hands are in the mix. You either can't see what your hands are doing or your camera can't see what you're doing.

Then there's light and sound quality to deal with. Do you know how hard it is to keep your shadows out of the shot? I tried to do something like this for tying boltsnaps to lights and I didnt' have enough white lamps, let alone enough table space for any more.

Too much effort, I only know of 1 youtuber who pulls this sort of thing off really well; and he does gun reviews.

Go to You Tube and type in "scubapro". You will get a lot of promotional stuff but there are a few repair vids.

I have never seen him at any of the family reunions but you never know. Keller is a very common name, it is the german version of "Smith".

True...I have many relatives that I havent met befire but know they are out there...my family was not close after my father and mother died. Oh and when my aunt stole $150,000 from my trust fund.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

g1138 summed it up pretty good as far as trying to make a quality video, its not that easy. I most likely will do more videos as I go through my regulators next winter. I think if I mix in some close up still photos in the video it may work out ok. Several years ago there were very good step by step instructions with photos of a MK10 being serviced but the guy had to take it off the web because the Scubapro police gave him some grief. Those photos and instructions were so good even a caveman could follow them and do a good job with his MK10. It would be nice if someone would do that with all the older Scubapro regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom