ScubaPro XTek wing 60lb lift

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fencingfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a ScubaPro Xtek doubles wing (60# lift) that is brand new, never used (inflate hose still wrapped in plastic), that I am looking to sell. Asking for it's market value ~$400 but negotiable. I got it but then realized that it is wayyyy too big for me and I financially am not ready to make the leap into a doubles set-up. I would like to sell it and use the money to purchase a single tank wing. Message me if you're interested or I'd appreciate if you have any suggestions on how I could sell or exchange the wing. Thanks for your help.
IMG_6627.jpg

Kind of a tangent here - but why did you purchase this wing? It is absolutely a doubles wing... Did you do research for proper sized wings for different types of diving? Did you assume bigger is better? For singles, you should be using an 18# up to maybe 32# (give or take) and even that upper end of the range is getting to be way more lift than you need.

If it was a shop or online retailer that suggested this - recommend that you find a different place to buy your gear as their recommendations seem profit driven, and not based on your needs. If you decided you wanted a wing and just purchased this without knowing what was right for your diving, suggest you solicit advice from some divers here (everyone is always willing to give gear advice :)) and/or go to an LDS and ask questions. Seems like you're eager to dive - but you need the right gear, and seems like you might need a little help figuring out what the *right* gear for you is...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for your concern, obviously I know that this is a doubles wing. It was intentionally purchased with full intent to transition to a doubles set up. Due to financial constraints I cannot make the move to doubles at this time (I am a graduate student). In the meantime I'm looking for a single-tank wing with the appropriate amount of lift in order to transition from a vest BC to a bp/w set up and I will make the doubles transition in the future when I am more able.

Back
Top Bottom