Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Les

I have received no notice of a recall nor have I received a technical bulletin on a problem with the MK18 or the S550 from ScubaPro.

Maybe your LDS only had the MK20/S600 in stock? By the way, I don't see any MK20 first stages on the new Scubapro.com website either.

I do agree that ScubaPro has discontinued the diaphram first stages from their line including the MK18 and MK14.

thanks luvdiving

I visited another LDS and they said that they were not aware of any problems, Scubapro is an excellent choice referring to the mk20/600 but their 'top' choice reg would be the Atomic Aquatics T1/Ti2.anybody know about these $$$lil babies?They are apparently better than S/Pro in a rodale test of 6 other regs (in aug '97)slightly cheaper than s/pro,no need to clean after diving,2yr servicing,
lighter in weight.but the only downfall is that only this store in my area deals with them.S/pro is sold everywhere.
Why is reg shopping so difficult? I look for quality,service
& maintainance costs and availability for parts if I choose to change stores.Like it has been said before,this is lifesupport equipment.I am not sure of trusting a salesman with my life over their commissioned wages.These may in fact be great regs but that is why I appreciate the boards comments.

Hi Les

According to the April 2001 RDS, the MK20/S600 had "the best beathing machine score in the history of ScubaLab".

Life can be tough with so many choices, can't it?

luvdiving, the MK16 is a diaphragm reg. Haven't heard that Scubapro has discontinued it. We are Scubapro Distributors, and haven't heard anything about that. Of course..we are also in Guam which means we get everything last...including info..so I'll have to check on that.

As for the Rodale's test in 1997, the MK20/S600 didn't even exsist in 97. The Atomic reg is a good reg..but not twice as good (meaning twice as much $$) as any other high performance reg. And, you can not use it with high O2 nitrox, because the Oxygen and Titanium do not work and play well together.

In my opinion, don't spend the extra bucks for Titanium. Yeah, it lasts longer, but you are going to want to buy new toys before your brass reg wears out (that half the fun!!!)

You could always get the new top dog, the Mk25/S600 Titanium from Scubapro, coming soon to a dive shop near you for only $1500.

(I have one for sale if you don't want to wait)

Hey adventurer, whats the MK25 like? I've had a few customers ask about it, but while it is available in Japan, we can't get it yet.

Since its for sale, I'm assuming you aren't too impressed with it? (unless you are/work for a dive shop, of course).

Whats the scoop?

I forgot about the MK16. The ScubaPro website is not responding right now, I'll have to check their new regulator line-up to see if it's still there.

Did you get your ScubaPro products from the distributor in Hono? Since they closed, has it affected you?

Hello to all, If you are looking for scubapro products I may have what you are looking for at a price that well can't be beat. most of the product line is older equipment but in brand new condition in the box. some of the items are as follows:

2nd stages:
High Performance 2nd stage 11.108.000 - $78.00
Adjustable 2nd stage 11.109.000 - $118.00
Pilot 2nd stage 11.128.000 - $218.00
Balanced Adj metal case 11.150.000 - $120.00
R380 2nd stage octo yellow 11.382.000 - $92.00

1st stages:
mk2 DIN 200 bar 10.022.000 - $50.00
mk2 yoke 10.042.000 - $48.00
mk5 10.105.000 - $85.00
mk10 yoke 10.500.000- $85.00
mk10 DIN 10.500.3000 - $87.00
mk10 plus 10.550.000 - $88.00
mk15 yoke 10.600.000 - $92.00
mk14 yoke 10.706.000 - $90.00
mk14 DIN 10.706.300 - $105.00
MK18 ULD 10.757.000 - $220.00

computers:
Aladin Air X Nitrox complete A4.850BLU - $575.00

choose your 1st and 2nd stages and contact me via e-mail rainreg@knology.net or call 850-913-0888 prices in quantity are negotiable.

rainreg

scuba bunny,

I own the Titanium Mk 25 personally, and I have another for sale in the shop that I work at.

I have only dove it a couple of times, and as far as I can tell it will be identicle to the Mk20 when diving. As far as weight, it is slightly heavier than the Mk20 UL. The S600 that I have it paired with has titanium on the face in place of the stainless steel, and has a slightly different logo on the front.

It would be hard to top the Mk20. The shops owner is diving another titanium in Cayman as we speak, and he will be able to say more about it's extended performance when he gets back.

The only difference from the Mk 20 that I can tell, aside from the material, is an allen wrench adjustment for intermediate pressure. Most divers will never touch it, but it will make servicing much easier, and could have some advantages as far as trouble shooting on dive trips. It is not real common to have a reg's IP get out of whack on a trip, but it does happen occasionally.

I have not seen any of the other materials (I don'tknow if we will get the Blue Titanium Alloy Reg here in the US, I have seen it on the Japanese & Spanish websites), but the Titanuim is what Titanium is. Basically there is no other difference.......Other than Price.

Thanks for the info.I am definitely considering the
mk20/600 or the 18/550.Is the g250 just as good with either 1st stage? The almighty dollar plays a factor.hehe anyways thanks again for all the info. Les

Back
Top Bottom