ScubaProf.com spam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Did anyone else get this email:

Good Morning

First of all, I want to apologize if this email is unsolicited, but I thought you may be interested in a project we are building between some PADI, SSI, NAUI and TDI diving professionals.

During the last months we noticed that we (diving professionals) don’t have a channel to talk and discuss serious issues about the Scuba Diving Profession… not only that, sometimes diving instructors need advice from more experience divers in other fields like Rebreathers, Cave Diving, Tech diving, Trimix etc.

So, we just created a forum/board called www.**************

Obviously the idea is quite clear, to share our experiences and information and try to get more precise information that will make us, a sort of an informal organization of diving professionals.

If you feel you can give us a hand by helping us populate our tech diving section that would be great.
We are aware that you are a member of a key community forum about Rebreathers, so we want to invite you not to abandon your existent forum, but to give us a hand to understand more about your passion and the kind of diving you practice.

Also we are seeking moderators to help us populate the board, so if you have extra time and want to have this role in our brand new baby board, let me know.

Again, thanks a lot for reading and I hope you have great diving this year.

Best Regards,

Joaquin
censored@gmail.com

Manager ***********
www.************

Doesn't that just drive you up the wall? If I WANTED a new 'scubaboard', I would use GOOGLE! :shakehead:mooner: And not a very good way to find users, either.

OH OH OH Maybe we could all become MODs over there :D :D :D

124 members woo hoo...

Due to the hostile nature of this site, we will be taken more aggressive action to keep it off of ScubaBoard. Two sister forums have identified them as trying to actively recruit members. We don't need that.

How did they get my Email address? I am guessing it was from rebreatherworld due to the line "We are aware that you are a member of a key community forum about Rebreathers" ??

teknitroxdiver:
Did anyone else get this email:

Doesn't that just drive you up the wall? If I WANTED a new 'scubaboard', I would use GOOGLE! :shakehead:mooner: And not a very good way to find users, either.

I feel left out! (or more likely my spam filter ate it).

If anybody wants to foward me the entire message including headers, I take great joy in pointing out to the ISP involved how their customer violated the ISPs TOS (which almost always include "no spamming").

Terry

NetDoc:
Due to the hostile nature of this site, we will be taken more aggressive action to keep it off of ScubaBoard. Two sister forums have identified them as trying to actively recruit members. We don't need that.

I'd bet if you didn't censor their site and make folks curious, they'd either ignore it or go take a look and find out for themselves there isn't much there very interesting. I did.

awap:
I'd bet if you didn't censor their site and make folks curious, they'd either ignore it or go take a look and find out for themselves there isn't much there very interesting. I did.

But then that would no longer be the Scubaboard that we know so well would it? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom