Scubatec BCD - tank slip off bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

two clown resort

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
hi fellow divers....

I hope there are some veteran divers here that can help me. I have this bcd its never been used. Its called Scubatec, made in USA. the bcd is very simple. It looks like its design for travel because although is jacket BCD but it doesn't have back plate.

Yesterday, I assembled the bcd with tank but somehow it always slid off whenever I lift the bcd. No matter how hard I tried the tank will slid off. I didn't have a chance to use this yet.

My questions;

1. Help please....what do I do....
2. Can anyone tell me who is scubatec? I googled it but couldn't find any information about the company

Any information about this BCD and history about the company will be much appreciated. Thank you so much :)

scubatec1.jpg

scubatec2.jpg

I suspect the cam strap buckle threading might be the problem. Google instruction

New bands will tend to stretch a little, as will bands that are fastened dry but then get wet. Try getting the band wet first, then cinch it fairly tight. Check it and adjust it if needed after a few minutes, and you should be good to go.

Got one of these type bands for my jacket before I finally dumped the jacket.
Hog Tank Strap with Stainless Cam Buckle

The bigger metal buckle gave more leverage and pressure on the strap initially solved having to wet the strap or adjust it during the dive. Of course if it is not threaded right it won't work either.

Bob

In addition to the steps mentioned above (that is, check assembly/ threading of cam strap, wet the strap before putting on tank), you could also consider adding a second cam strap. You will still need to sort out issue with first strap, however, a second strap functions to secure tank very tight (both side to side and up and down).

Guys.....thank you very much! Yes, why didn't I thought of it. Off course its the cam strap and wet the strap first :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom