Scubrapro X650 housing problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vernon

Reaction score
I have heard that the new X650 has some kind of housing problem. Does anyone have further info on this?

Thanks

Yea, I had one of the first one produced, they produced 40. The issue as it was explained to me, is that they when testing found a better way to machine the dive and predive lever so it would allow more air flow something about the angle and the way it was cut inside.

I dove with it a couple times and noticed nothing wrong infact I thought it was one of the best reg I had used.

So I was given a choice I could keep it, they said it was not an issue they just found a way to make it better. Or I could send it back and they would replace the lever for free with the upgraded one and have it overnighted back so i would only be out of it a day. So I sent it back and they ran out of parts I think :( So again I was given a choice to use a loner till mind was back 3 weeks or they would upgrade me to a 600ti for free. I'm picking up my 600ti tommrow :)

Just an Update I got a 600ti and dove it 4 days in Flordia this past week. I noticed a difference I like the way the 650 breaths better. The inhalation was about the same but breething out was easer in the 650, required less force and just seemed smoother. I also liked the dive and pre dive lever better. It was easer to get to with gloves than the screw thing. Overall I liked teh 650 better but I'll keep the 600ti because it looks better (higher quality) and the ti is more durable.

pggeek,
Thanks for the information. I'm trying to choose between the S600 and X650. What was your impression of their relative weight and how comfortable the felt while breathing? I know that the 600ti is lighter than the 600S, so I'd assume the X is heavier than the ti. Did you notice any real difference in weight?

The X is a bit heaver you don't really notice a difference in the water of couple of grams unless you are really pickey. I really liked the 650 and how it worked and breethed for the reason stated above, smoother exhast and the dive / predive lever was easer to get to with gloves.

It's a toss up some people like the looks of the 650 oter do not. The 600 has a very strong track record and had been devloped for years the 650 is a bit new and time will tell how good it is. I would say you can't go wrong with eithor. If I would do it again I would probley get the 650 over the 600 but it is really close.

They look about the same. Anyhow DO NOT GET a reg from leasure pro. I am all for leasure pro but not with a regulater the reason is they give you there own 1 year warntee which is worthless, after that you have no warntee. The nice theing about scuba pro is they give you a credit card that when you get the reg serviced you bring it and all the parts are free for life. If you had to buy all the o rigs filters and stuff every time you get it serviced it would run like and extra $40. Also a lifetime warntee is nice instead of 1 year. Leasure pro just doesn't pay in this case.

Actually I think LP offers a warrenty equal to the manufacturer's. But I'll make sure. Thanks for the advice. And any regular that comes with a warrenty but does not include parts essentially comes without a warrenty. It's warrentied forever BUT the owner has to pay for parts and service! What a joke. Atomic is the manufacturer with the best warranty in my opinion since it is not contingent upon annual service. SP and others who at least include parts is somewhat of a warranty but those that don't are a joke. Sorry for the OT rant!

This is from the LP web site: Warranty Information
We are not authorized dealers of some Manufacturers, and some of the products may not be accompanied by the manufactures Warranty valid in the United States and/or with an english manual, However we provide in such instances our own Warranty, which offers equal or greater protection, For a Copy of our Warranty Card, Click here .

Thanks for the info. I ended up getting the S600 as I was passing through Singapore. They were not selling the X650 because of the problem, and I needed something right then. I am now diving in Dahab and find the S600 really good, easy breathing. Not wearing gloves, the pre dive and dive knobs are also easy.

This may be too late but the SP warranty (lifetime) is only for reg sold in the US.

Guy selling bunch of new SP regs on ebay claims to have LT warranty. When you get it and send the card to SP you will see the scam when SP tell you NO WAY JOSE.

Back
Top Bottom