Wanted Wanted: Housing for Olympus TG-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

csky217

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for any housing to take a shiny new TG-6 diving. I think Olympus, Seafrogs, Ikelite Nauticam, Kraken etc would all work.

If anyone has a used one in need of a new home, I'd love to take it on some adventures.

Thanks!

Hello - I have an Ikelite housing that was used on only ONE dive. I bought it for my wife and she decided that underwater photography was too distracting and cumbersome for her dive enjoyment. I dive with a full frame rig so looking to sell this to someone who can use.

This housing is currently priced at $550 new (check B&H for specs/price) and the FCON-T02 fisheye lens is $146 new. I will sell both for $400 and I will pay shipping (UPS ground - continental U.S.) Payment to be Paypal or Venmo only.

This housing supports both macro and wide-angle - on the same dive!

Check out this link - Wide Angle Fisheye to Macro on the Same Dive with the Olympus Tough TG-6

Here is the description from B&H site

Use this Ikelite Underwater Housing with FCON-T02 Dome Port to use your Olympus Tough TG-6 camera with the fisheye converter lens attached to capture beautiful ultra wide-angle, close-focus wide-angle, and over/under photos and video underwater. The housing is depth rated for 200' and made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. Dual fiber optic ports enable the connection of optional, external strobes for illumination and color correction. Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers afford access to virtually all camera functions. The clear back panel allows you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The port's optical-grade acrylic dome is lightweight for handling and travel, and the acetyl housing's dual shades reduce reflections, protect the dome, and allow you to set the housing down on its face for easy assembly and disassembly.
Construction Details
  • Depth rating of 200'
  • Housing made by hand in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
  • White/light gray on front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep the camera cool when shooting on or above the water's surface
  • Clear in back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain a view of the camera's rear controls
  • Controls are crafted from durable, hard anodized aluminum and acetyl which, like the ABS and PC of the body, are corrosion resistant
Controls and Handling
  • Large ergonomic mechanical controls, including push buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers provide access to all camera functions except for the Log Switch
  • Side-mounted shutter lever and a redesigned zoom control make shooting easy
  • Optional tray with a quick release grip provides comfort and improves overall balance and handling beneath the surface
  • Housing has slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
Dome Port
  • Lightweight optical-grade acrylic
  • Ideal for ultra wide-angle, close-focus wide-angle, and over/under underwater photography
  • Accommodates Olympus FCON-T02 Circular Fisheye Converter
  • Camera can be zoomed and focus up to a 30mm macro equivalent underwater

Hello - I have an Ikelite housing that was used on only ONE dive. I bought it for my wife and she decided that underwater photography was too distracting and cumbersome for her dive enjoyment. I dive with a full frame rig so looking to sell this to someone who can use.

This housing is currently priced at $550 new (check B&H for specs/price) and the FCON-T02 fisheye lens is $146 new. I will sell both for $400 and I will pay shipping (UPS ground - continental U.S.) Payment to be Paypal or Venmo only.

This housing supports both macro and wide-angle - on the same dive!

Check out this link - Wide Angle Fisheye to Macro on the Same Dive with the Olympus Tough TG-6

Here is the description from B&H site

Use this Ikelite Underwater Housing with FCON-T02 Dome Port to use your Olympus Tough TG-6 camera with the fisheye converter lens attached to capture beautiful ultra wide-angle, close-focus wide-angle, and over/under photos and video underwater. The housing is depth rated for 200' and made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. Dual fiber optic ports enable the connection of optional, external strobes for illumination and color correction. Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers afford access to virtually all camera functions. The clear back panel allows you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The port's optical-grade acrylic dome is lightweight for handling and travel, and the acetyl housing's dual shades reduce reflections, protect the dome, and allow you to set the housing down on its face for easy assembly and disassembly.
Construction Details
  • Depth rating of 200'
  • Housing made by hand in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
  • White/light gray on front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep the camera cool when shooting on or above the water's surface
  • Clear in back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain a view of the camera's rear controls
  • Controls are crafted from durable, hard anodized aluminum and acetyl which, like the ABS and PC of the body, are corrosion resistant
Controls and Handling
  • Large ergonomic mechanical controls, including push buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers provide access to all camera functions except for the Log Switch
  • Side-mounted shutter lever and a redesigned zoom control make shooting easy
  • Optional tray with a quick release grip provides comfort and improves overall balance and handling beneath the surface
  • Housing has slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
Dome Port
  • Lightweight optical-grade acrylic
  • Ideal for ultra wide-angle, close-focus wide-angle, and over/under underwater photography
  • Accommodates Olympus FCON-T02 Circular Fisheye Converter
  • Camera can be zoomed and focus up to a 30mm macro equivalent underwater
Thanks for respondng! What would you be looking for the housing on its own. Sounds like it would take great photos but the wide angle lens is beyond my budget for now. Thanks!

Looking for any housing to take a shiny new TG-6 diving. I think Olympus, Seafrogs, Ikelite Nauticam, Kraken etc would all work.

If anyone has a used one in need of a new home, I'd love to take it on some adventures.

Thanks!
Amazon do a Brand new seafrogs housing for the TG6 £142 or $179.99
OM systems direct were the cheapest i found for the 'Olympus' housing at £279
Second hand Olympus housings go for more than a brand new seafrogs.

Initially i bought the seafrogs it looke well made, but i retruned it unused and went with the OM, but that was only because i'd previously had over 15 years good service from a previous olympus housing

Why looking for used one if a new TG-6 housing from SeaFrog is only $169-179, depending on model?

After my experience with Canon s90/s95, I have nothing but contempt for Ikelite. SeaFrog housing for my Sony A6000, on the other hand, proved to be very reliable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom